Neighbors Wanted A Smoke Show!!!

nycstev said:
Hey Ronnie.. I have exactly the same vehicle never even tried that.. still breaking in the engine:( :( :( do you have a line lock?

No need for line lock, hold the brake & hammer the gas. waiting for what to break-in. First thing I did when I bought the truck. I figured engine won't be stock forever!!!!:burnout: :burnout:

Yup me too! I drove it like I stole it from day one! I figure if it's gonna break I'd rather do it under warranty than later. I've got 10,000 on her so far and no problems. Knock on wood!!:D

I knew those freakin' Quad Cabs had to be good for something - -

You can lay down a sweet brake-burn and retain a free hand for BeeR!!:beer:
(NON-Alcoholic of course;) :laugh: :aetsch: )

watch out doin burn outs man. last issue of truckin' i picked up a guy had 26s on his and snapped the driveshaft in half trying to do a burn out. just be careful!!!

You should be able to get atleast 100ft of rubber on the ground. Once they break loose my truck smokes'em through 3rd into 4th!!!

tarheelguy said:
watch out doin burn outs man. last issue of truckin' i picked up a guy had 26s on his and snapped the driveshaft in half trying to do a burn out. just be careful!!!
Yeah well if I do that then I go to Northwest Drivelines and have one made out of solid steel and if the U Joints break then we fix them too. Sooner or later stuff doesnt break anymore. Same thing I did with my Willys. Now I can drive it like I stole it and nothing gives!!!:D

Rockin Ronnie said:
Yeah well if I do that then I go to Northwest Drivelines and have one made out of solid steel and if the U Joints break then we fix them too. Sooner or later stuff doesnt break anymore. Same thing I did with my Willys. Now I can drive it like I stole it and nothing gives!!!:D

Solid steel?:dontknow: I don't think so.;) :D

Silverback said:
Solid steel?:dontknow: I don't think so.;) :D
Uhhhhh Yeahhh!! Better get with the times old Ape!!! Now you can have them honed out of SOLID STEEL! Cant break those things. Both my front and back in my Willys are made that way!!!!:D

Rockin Ronnie said:
Uhhhhh Yeahhh!! Better get with the times old Ape!!! Now you can have them honed out of SOLID STEEL! Cant break those things. Both my front and back in my Willys are made that way!!!!:D

Oppps...another poor boy messin' with the south end of a north bound menstruating rattle snake...

It was great though because all of the kids were goin "Dad how come we don't have one of those"BBBBBBBBWWWWWWWWWWWWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHaahaha!!! I'm like and Soooo!!!!:D

LMFAO,I had a similar situation happen to me !!My daughter has a Charger Daytona,and had just gone down and turned around in the culdesac to park at the end of our driveway.I backed out of the driveway and stopped right next to her.I happened to hear my neighbors son make the comment to his Mom "They're going to race" !So as not disappoint the youth,I power braked the bitch,lit em up real good,and went on down the road,my daughter went in the house !The next day,I see my neighbor to the left of me out in the street when I was coming down the road.Tried to figure out WTF he was doing,and as I was just about ready to turn into my driveway,I could see he was trying to clean my burn out marks with a gallon of bleach and a broom !!!He doesn't know how they got there,and on that note I had to leave or I was going to loose it right then and there !!!I was tempted to try a Bleach Burnout while he was there,but figured the jerk would probably call the cops on me !!!I still LMAO just thinking about it !!!

Rockin Ronnie said:
If I remember correctly a tubular shaft has more torsional strenght than a solid shaft. And no Im not about to dig up the proof!!!:idea: :idea:

nycstev said:
If I remember correctly a tubular shaft has more torsional strenght than a solid shaft. And no Im not about to dig up the proof!!!:idea: :idea:

You are almost correct. I will get into it later when I get home from work, but Ronnie. Whoever sold you down this path gave you a snow job. All you have is a shit load of rotational mass with very little gain in strength.

Silverback said:
You are almost correct. I will get into it later when I get home from work, but Ronnie. Whoever sold you down this path gave you a snow job. All you have is a shit load of rotational mass with very little gain in strength.
Yes please dig up the differences between solid and hollow rotating shafts.I need a
refresher on Mechanics of M 101!

Yeah I want to see too because these guys build drag jeeps and monster trucks and I snapped too tubular shafts in half and havent hurt this one yet!!:D

http://www.need-4-speed.com/pst.htm Go carbon!
For a given material, and given outer dimensions, the maximum strength is achieved if the rod is solid (not hollow), but this also takes a lot of weight.

For a given material, and given weight, the maximum strength is achieved by a hollow cylinder, that is of larger diameter than the solid rod of that weight.

Most of the strength of a cylinder comes from the outer portions. I think the contribution goes like the cube of the radial position. So, if you took a solid rod and drilled out a half the volume from the center, you do not lose half the strength. You only lose about 10% of the strength, but you've saved on half the weight.

So, strength to weight ratio is better for a hollow pipe than a solid rod.

I knew there was something to this just could not remember. So if you have a 2 Drive shafts same LENGTH WIEGHT AND MATERIAL the hollow will be stronger ( but with > Dia)
SImilarly 2 Drive Shfts same LENGHT DIAMETER AND MATERIAL the solid will be stronger but also alot heavier and like SILVERBACK pointed out will have different rotational properties with slight increase in stregnt but aSL more weight.
So essentially everyone is right here.

Last edited:
Yep that's what Drivelines NW says also. For my Willys with a 350hp Corvette motor in it, it doesnt care how much the driveline ways.:D :burnout:

Rockin Ronnie said:
Yep that's what Drivelines NW says also. For my Willys with a 350hp Corvette motor in it, it doesnt care how much the driveline ways.:D :burnout:
Huh? CHevY Chu doiN yo.... I ThoUght this wUz Mopar counTry :D lol

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back