New Cherokee SRT8/Challenger

Jfireboy1 said:
Well even if the challenger does have 500hp instead of closer to 550 like the z28 it will have a 100 hp advantage still over the stang!

Why would you compare a Z28 Camaro and a SRT8 Chally/Charger to a REGULAR Mustang GT? That's pretty flattering for the Mustang, I think. ;)

...... I wonder what the GT500 Stang will have for HP in 2012.... :eek: :rock:

Black1 said:
Why would you compare a Z28 Camaro and a SRT8 Chally/Charger to a REGULAR Mustang GT? That's pretty flattering for the Mustang, I think. ;)

...... I wonder what the GT500 Stang will have for HP in 2012.... :eek: :rock:

Probably the same as it has for 2011, which is an upgrade over the '07-'10 cars with its aluminum block + some extra power goodies. 550hp for '11 model year. Low-12s @ 118mph with grandma shifting.

The challenger may be slower, and fatter but it's a lot sexier. Yes everyone compares the srt with the gt which is sad because that should be the r/t's group. The 6.1 weak point is the bottom end, so hopefully the 6.4 will be better. I would wait for the 2012 jeep. That thing will kick butt.

The 2011 Dodge Challenger SE will come with a new 305 horsepower engine maintaining up to 26 mpg, highway; the 5.7 liter Hemi V8 is to hit 379 horsepower (manual transmission); and a new 392 Hemi (6.4 liters) is expected, with 475 horsepower and 460 lb-ft of torque (the ranges are our estimates). Both V8s will have MDS, which shuts off four cylinders when not needed. All will have electric steering to cut weight and power use.Read more at http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/challenger/challenger-2011.html?kcplink=1

Challenger SRT8 (MSRP $43,100)

6.4L V8 MDS engine, 5-speed auto trans
or
6.4L V8 engine, 6-speed man trans ($695)

20" X 9.0" ALUMINUM SRT DESIGN WHEELS
P245/45ZR20 ALL-SEASON PERFORMANCE TIRES

392 EDITION GROUP
Includes: 20" x 9.0" aluminum wheels, body color & accent color grill, bright exhaust tip, dash plaque, leather-trimmed seats w/stripes, silver metal brush center stack bezel. Bright White paint includes dual blue center stripes; Deep Water Blue paint includes dual white center stripes.

Options:

P245/45ZR20 FRONT & P255/45ZR20 REAR PERFORMANCE TIRES ($100)

DARK SLATE GRAY, PREMIUM LEATHER-TRIMMED BUCKET SEATS
or
DARK SLATE GRAY, LEATHER-TRIMMED BUCKET SEATS W/STRIPES (392 Edition group)

MOPAR INTERIOR APPEARANCE GROUP ($945)
Includes: bright door sill guards, car cover, premium floor mats w/Mopar logo

SRT OPTION GROUP II ($695)
Includes: (13) Kicker SRT high performance audio speakers, 200-watt Kicker SRT subwoofer, 322-watt kicker SRT amplifier

PWR SUNROOF ($950)

STRIPE DELETE CREDIT (- $250)

DUAL GRAY CENTER STRIPES
(N/A with 392 Edition Group w/Bright White or Deep Water Blue Paints)

DUAL SILVER CENTER STRIPES
(N/A with 392 Edition Group w/Bright White or Deep Water Blue Paints)

AM/FM STEREO W/CD/DVD/HDD/MP3 PLAYER ($1125)
Includes: navigation system, 1-year SIRIUS Travel Link & Traffic service

DAYTIME RUNNING HEADLAMPS ($40)

SRT8 Exterior colors:

BRIGHT WHITE
BILLET METALLIC
BRILLIANT BLACK CRYSTAL PEARL
MANGO TANGO PEARL
REDLINE 3 PEARL
DEEP WATER BLUE PEARL

The mustang gt500 is supercharged, has 550 hp for 2012 and will run about 55k. So if the challenger is going to run 43k that gives 12k of play to super charge it! A supercharged challenger no doubt will have a lot more than 550 hp! So I think in the end the challenger could beat the gt500! You could be looking at 100-150 more hp with a supercharger! I mean if anyone wants to compare muscle cars let's make them have the same add ons!!! :D

Jfireboy1 said:
The mustang gt500 is supercharged, has 550 hp for 2012 and will run about 55k. So if the challenger is going to run 43k that gives 12k of play to super charge it! A supercharged challenger no doubt will have a lot more than 550 hp! So I think in the end the challenger could beat the gt500! You could be looking at 100-150 more hp with a supercharger! I mean if anyone wants to compare muscle cars let's make them have the same add ons!!! :D

The Z28 Camaro will have the LSX engine out of the Cadillac CTS-V... it is also supercharged.

...... So, I guess the moral of the story is: If you want a fast, reliable musclecar... it needs a supercharger? :dontknow: :D

i was going to maybe look at a CTS-V but I think I may wait to see if they roll out a 300SRT8 with 500+hp.

BurntRubber said:
i was going to maybe look at a CTS-V but I think I may wait to see if they roll out a 300SRT8 with 500+hp.

The Chrysler 300 SRT8 is scheduled for 2012. As far as I am concerned the SRT8 version of the 300 is one of the ultimate sleepers... :rock:

Manic said:
The Chrysler 300 SRT8 is scheduled for 2012. As far as I am concerned the SRT8 version of the 300 is one of the ultimate sleepers... :rock:

Have they redesigned that PIG NOSED face of it yet?

..... I wish they'd bring back the Magnum with the new Challenger front end. :rock: Now THAT's a sleeper. ;)

Black1 said:
Yeah, yeah... LSA, LSX... who the hell can keep track anymore. :dontknow: :eek: :D It's like Honda and Nissan with their R34-6AH and 45ZX3-4 shit. :mad: :D :p

:p :p :p :p

Black1 said:
Have they redesigned that PIG NOSED face of it yet?

..... I wish they'd bring back the Magnum with the new Challenger front end. :rock: Now THAT's a sleeper. ;)

In the next month or 2 they will be showing the 2011 300/Challenger/Chargers.

I always liked the Magnum but had issues with the front end. A charger or Challenger front clip would be awesome... :rock::rock:

Manic said:
In the next month or 2 they will be showing the 2011 300/Challenger/Chargers.

I always liked the Magnum but had issues with the front end. A charger or Challenger front clip would be awesome... :rock::rock:

They are easy to convert to the Charger front end. I've seen some of them done and they are EVIL looking. :)

The 2011 Charger has already been introduced. The pictures are in Police trim tho. ;) It's just a mild restyle....

2011-Dodge-Charger-Pursuit.jpg

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back