New Dodge RAM

SlvrSnake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dodge sent me a notice in the mail on Thursday for a driving event that was held in Philadelphia this weekend. You get to drive the new Dodge Ram on a closed course and also compare it with other pickups by driving them as well (Ford, Chevy, and Toyota where I was)

Also at the event was a Viper SRT-10, Challenger SRT-8 and RT, Charger SRT-8 and Caliber SRT-4. Those you can't drive but you can sit in them, open the hood, trunk, whatever. There was no gimmick here, no sales pressure, and no catch. Just a chance for folks to go take a look at the new iron Dodge is putting out on the road soon. If you have an interest in the new trucks and would like to drive one around a bit without a salesman up your ass check it out.

Here is the link to the event. No charge to do this, it's free.
http://www.ramchallengetestdrive.com/

I like it. The headlights now give it a little "Charger" look. Have fun at the test drive.
2009Ram.jpg

going to the drive this comin sunday here.
looks like be fun & learn something also.
ours is at the local horse race track. so maybe some 4 wheelin
:rock: :burnout: :congrats:

Django said:
Looks more like the old 2000 Ram to me...........

D
Yeah, I can see that too. Can't tell if the grill is slanted a little forward at the top. I wish they would come back with the extended cab in addition to the quad cab. I could use the extra room but don't need all the doors.

SlvrSnake said:
Dodge sent me a notice in the mail on Thursday for a driving event that was held in Philadelphia this weekend. You get to drive the new Dodge Ram on a closed course and also compare it with other pickups by driving them as well (Ford, Chevy, and Toyota where I was)

Also at the event was a Viper SRT-10, Challenger SRT-8 and RT, Charger SRT-8 and Caliber SRT-4. Those you can't drive but you can sit in them, open the hood, trunk, whatever. There was no gimmick here, no sales pressure, and no catch. Just a chance for folks to go take a look at the new iron Dodge is putting out on the road soon. If you have an interest in the new trucks and would like to drive one around a bit without a salesman up your ass check it out.

Here is the link to the event. No charge to do this, it's free.
http://www.ramchallengetestdrive.com/

did ya take the 10 to the event???:rock:
if so any comments on her???:dontknow:

ZCx said:
did ya take the 10 to the event???:rock:
if so any comments on her???:dontknow:

No, went with my old man and we took his Jeep SRT-8. Wish I brought the SRT-10 and his too. Dodge trucks got VIP parking. The SRT-10's would have been a big hit there.

Something kind of funny happened there though. On the 4x4 course you have to have one of their people drive with you (did not know this yet). The other courses you don't, just hop in a truck and drive. I walked over and there was no one around and one truck running with two others qued up waiting to do the course. I got 3/4 the way around and one of the guys there does a double take and runs over to me. He's like, "How did you get on here by yourself?" Told him no one was around. We both look over at the tent and the dope that was supposed to be there was back and stretching and scratching his nuts. The instructor just says that guy is a jackass.

I apologized to the instructor and he said don't worry about it you did not crack anything up so it never happened. Afterwords I told him that I thought it was little F'd up. Part of the course was driving up a about a 6' high ramp somewhere around 40 degree angle and not to much wider than the truck. You see nothing but sky until the back wheels get on the level part of the ramp. I was thinking, man they trust people to do this on their own? Was wondering how many people drive off the ramp. I have experience in doing stuff like this, used to cut grass with farm tractors on the New Jersey Turnpike in the summer when I was in college. Very big steep hills with huge ruts, ditches, mud, etc., so I was not intimidated by it, had been there done that. Don't think alot of other people have that experience so that's why I thought it was odd.

Anyway, nothing like getting in trouble at a free event and not even trying to be a jackass. Oh well.

Last edited:
SilvrSRT10 said:
I like it. The headlights now give it a little "Charger" look. Have fun at the test drive.
2009Ram.jpg

Wait till you see the Sport, the Front End and Hood are completly different. I really liked it, the Bumper reminded me of the SRT-10s.

Jack

I just happened to catch the picture of the new RAM and Dave T's BadVenm avatar in the same view.. No comparison, the SRT body FTW. I don't think that the new RAM will grow on me so easy, or at all.

Looks like the dakota from the back. I like the interior and front end arrgessive look. With they put the 6.1 hemi in it as well. Just injectors I guess.

Wtf? an RT ram there kidding right? Why would you build a sport truck (so they say) that is no different than the standard model basically? Additionally why build a sport truck that is far below the srt 10 truck that was achieved 5 years previous? Am i crazy of is that fuggin nutzo?

GotRidOfTheHemiForThis said:
Wtf? an RT ram there kidding right? Why would you build a sport truck (so they say) that is no different than the standard model basically? Additionally why build a sport truck that is far below the srt 10 truck that was achieved 5 years previous? Am i crazy of is that fuggin nutzo?

Its just economics. People can't afford $50k trucks anymore and the gas that goes along with em. This is as good as its gonna get for now. Some tuners are saying that with a good tune this hemi can make as much power as a 6.1

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back