New Florida Highway Patrol Chargers...

Wifey said:
Dammmm, why did they buy V-6's next they will be raising ticket prices to afford mods :D

buaahahahahaha... now thats dannn funny....:rock: :rock:

Our local city made over a million dollars in the last few months with their cut off the red light cameras they installed and they are still driving the crown vics - think of the mods they could add to those Challengers with some red light cameras at $391 a pop. Sean Roe could retire :D

I'm not surprised if the regular patrol cars are V6s.. The highway patrol should be the Hemis. I recall back in the day when the Camaro was first used. The only ones that drove them were traffic investigators. These were the officers (that I am aware of) that had actual quotas. The reason for this was because it took loads of money to keep those kind's of vehicles on the road (i.e. tires, fuel, maintenance, etc.). And that was back when gas was about $0.75 to $0.95 a gallon. Imagine NOW! So you wouldn't be seeing Hemi powered Chargers answering regular calls.

Last edited:
Venom Power said:
I'm not surprised if the regular patrol cars ar V6s.. The highway patrol should be the Hemis. I recall back in the day when the Camaro was first used. The only ones that drove them were traffic investigators. These were the officers (that I am aware of) that had actual quotas. The reason for this was because it took loads of money to keep those kind's of vehicles on the road (i.e. tires, fuel, maintenance, etc.). And that was back when gas was about $0.75 to $0.95 a gallon. Imagine NOW! So you wouldn't be seeing Hemi powered Chargers answering regular calls.

good thing to know...this guy w/ the white charger is highway patrol but I don't thing he has a hemi... next time he trys to race me I leave his butt in the dust.....lol....:D j/k

Last edited:
They aren't supposed to be enticing you into a race as an endeavor to bust you. That's unlawful, unprofessional and, above all, unethical. Unless they are part of a special ops street racing unit with the sole intent on nabbing offenders they aren't authorized to run around encouraging races on their own. Those lone wolf scenarios aren't controlled properly. If someone is seriously, or even fatally injured (including innocent bystanders) in the process, there's going to be some serious explaining to do.

Venom Power said:
They aren't supposed to be enticing you into a race as an endeavor to bust you. That's unlawful, unprofessional and, above all, unethical. Unless they are part of a special ops street racing unit with the sole intent on nabbing offenders they aren't authorized to run around encouraging races on their own. Those lone wolf scenarios aren't controlled properly. If someone is seriously, or even fatally injured (including innocent bystanders) in the process, there's going to be some serious explaining to do.

aha.... maybe that explains why everytime hes around he has a car pulled over...
I mean no kidding the other day went to do a customer house and he had a car pulled over... then i had to go to lowes and he had a different car pulled over on the other bond...then came back to the customer house and bammm.. a different car on the same bond than the firstone....:dontknow:
well maybe people just drive to fast around that area too.... but 3 cars in less than an 1 1/2.. oh well... haven't seen him lately though.

DJCHEROKEE said:
aha.... maybe that explains why everytime hes around he has a car pulled over...
I mean no kidding the other day went to do a customer house and he had a car pulled over... then i had to go to lowes and he had a different car pulled over on the other bond...then came back to the customer house and bammm.. a different car on the same bond than the firstone....:dontknow:
well maybe people just drive to fast around that area too.... but 3 cars in less than an 1 1/2.. oh well... haven't seen him lately though.

With that much action in a short period I'd say he's got quite a system set up (a.k.a. :eek:A TRAP). That's an easy way for him to show he's working. Or, could be like you said, a lot of people speed in that area. If, one day, you happen to get pulled over by him, if he isn't cutting slack at all then it's a typical set up. However, if that many people really do speed through there then he'll become bored and lenient after a while since it's too easy to catch people. But that doesn't mean I wish you to get caught. Heavens no.. Be careful around there since you are aware of this guy.

Last edited:
Venom Power said:
With that much action in a short period I'd say he's got quite a system set up (a.k.a. :eek:A TRAP). That's an easy way for him to show he's working. Or, could be like you said, a lot of people speed in that area. If, one day, you happen to get pulled over by him, if he isn't cutting slack at all then it's a typical set up. However, if that many people really do speed through there then he'll become bored and lenient after a while since it's too easy to catch people. But that doesn't mean I wish you to get caught. Heavens no.. Be careful around there since you are aware of this guy.

I been having to drive around that area for the last 5 1/2 years so i kind of know where they at....I'm not saying I speed all the time.. but haven't seem him in around 2 months.. maybe is like you said... he become bored and move to a different spot.... or they take that car to a different station or something...

they have all switched to the chargers around here, the highway patrol uses them too. none of ours have the push bars though.

perk_1405 said:
they have all switched to the chargers around here, the highway patrol uses them too. none of ours have the push bars though.

Push bars are ghey.. Apparently some agencies feel they are needed as a method of ramming some vehicles to stop..

Yeah DJ, there was a black Charger running around Burlington area and everytime I drove through there he had a customer. It's incredibly easy for the guys driving the unmarked/no light bar units to write tickets. They just blend in with other traffic and when someone goes sailing by all they have to do is fall in behind them and hit the blue flashy thingies. That's all they're out there to do is write tickets. Up here in Roxboro the troopers are running a plain blue one, a marked unit without a light bar and even the county has one or two Charger with those low profile light bars. I think the cars around here have the Hemi with the MDS in them so they cut back to 4 cylinders while cruising. I think that makes more sense then the V6.

Our Department has 2. Both Hemis. Ours look cooler though because we have R/T wheels on em lol. Also, HP has about 20. From light Green all the way to White. Some marked some not. None of them have light bars. Sooner or later we will all get them considering the Crown Vic isn't made anymore. The 2 units running Chargers are both traffic law enforcement only. They don't answer calls unless absolutely necessary.

This happened right in front of my eye's the other day:
I was exiting off of I-85 and there was a plain white Ford Explorer in front of me getting off at the same exit. At the bottom of the off ramp he made a left turn. I had to wait for a black Honda that was approaching the intersection. After he went by I made my left turn. We both fell in behind the White Explorer.
Even though we were moving at a good speed the Honda got impatient and passed the Explorer. As soon as the Honda merged back in front of him he hit his lights. He had really dark windows so you couldn't see his lights hidden inside. I didn't see any antenna's that would indicate anything official about it either. The only thing that could give him away was the Permanent license plate on the rear of it. Sneaky, sneaky.

here in houston they are running them alll white with no lights on top,only inside grill and in back window with houston police in verrrrry lite blue on the sides... cant really tell that they are cruisers

Virginia State uses them, marked and unmarked. Also, Prince William Co. (N. VA) has a unmarked gray one. A unmarked State car came up on me several weeks ago and I had no clue it was a police car until he went around me.

SilvrSRT10 said:
This happened right in front of my eye's the other day:
I was exiting off of I-85 and there was a plain white Ford Explorer in front of me getting off at the same exit. At the bottom of the off ramp he made a left turn. I had to wait for a black Honda that was approaching the intersection. After he went by I made my left turn. We both fell in behind the White Explorer.
Even though we were moving at a good speed the Honda got impatient and passed the Explorer. As soon as the Honda merged back in front of him he hit his lights. He had really dark windows so you couldn't see his lights hidden inside. I didn't see any antenna's that would indicate anything official about it either. The only thing that could give him away was the Permanent license plate on the rear of it. Sneaky, sneaky.

Whats your point?

:marchmellow:

Mr5150 said:
Whats your point?

:marchmellow:
They're not just using the plain Chargers as patrol vehicles and that they're getting very sneaky making their vehicles look inconspicuous. They're using some not so common vehicles at least not the normal police cars these days. So just be careful.

Last edited:
SilvrSRT10 said:
They're not just using the plain Chargers as patrol vehicles and that they're getting very sneaky making their vehicles look inconspicuous. They're using some not so common vehicles at least not the normal police cars these days. So just be careful.

Here in burlington I had seen camaros mustangs and a durango..... beside the chargers...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back