NEW GUY FROM WI.

cagey2

Reaction score
I own a 2006, Inferno Red Quad Cab. 113,000 miles. Beautiful shape.

I have a question for you srt v10 owners: Some times when I power it up the check guages lite shows up on my dash and the steering wheel turns very hard. then it gets better and the light goes off and everything is fine. Seems to do this when it is wet out. I put on a new serpentine belt and power steering pressure lines and fittings. But yesterday I started the truck again and the same thing happened with the check gauges lite and steering wheel would not turn.????? Has anyone had this problem????:

Mine does it all the time. I lightly rev a few times to dry the belt. If you notice when this happens the voltage gauge likely goes to 0 as well. Mine does it every time it rains or when I wash it. Has for the last 12 years.

I own a 2006, Inferno Red Quad Cab. 113,000 miles. Beautiful shape.

I have a question for you srt v10 owners: Some times when I power it up the check guages lite shows up on my dash and the steering wheel turns very hard. then it gets better and the light goes off and everything is fine. Seems to do this when it is wet out. I put on a new serpentine belt and power steering pressure lines and fittings. But yesterday I started the truck again and the same thing happened with the check gauges lite and steering wheel would not turn.????? Has anyone had this problem????:

Does sound like a belt slipping issue like @trussman mentioned. Welcome to the site BTW. Post up pics of your truck when you can.

Mine does it all the time. I lightly rev a few times to dry the belt. If you notice when this happens the voltage gauge likely goes to 0 as well. Mine does it every time it rains or when I wash it. Has for the last 12 years.

Thank you for the response. I will try the reving next time. I usually try turning the wheel back and forth till it becomes free. Do you think it could possible be the belt tensioner being weak?

Thank you Shaggy for your response. I just added some pics of my truck..

The pulley is likely still turning on the belt-tensioner, but can the arm still move?
If it cant, replace the tensioner assembly.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back