new guy here, is my srt10 worthy?

getbit06srt

Reaction score
2006 srt10 rc 38k on the clock. Daily driver. List of mods and dyno #'s. 1st day I got my 10 I removed front 2 cats and installed Volant ram air intake. Took it to local performance shop and had 1 dyno run to ensure motor was a healthy beast. 432 rwhp 429rwtq. I was satisfied with the #s. I looked at past threads on vtcoa.com to compare.

Within the past year I've added more mods and jus did another dyno pull.
Jtsvp extreme lowering kit
Jtsvp p.s.lines, rad cover, burrito warmer (Tony rocks!)
Ebc green brake pads front n back
Optima red top
Roe 172* thermostat
SCT tuner from Tony
MagnaFlow cat back
OBX longtube s.s. headers w/catless midst
Spec stage 1 clutch kit
Viper slave and master hydro upgrade
Powdercoated intake manifold/ valve covers
Taylor wires and new stock coil packs
Black gloss enamel painted wheels
2 kicker 12's
New paint job one shade darker red
Dyno #'s on same dyno 452 rwhp 495rwtq

Attachments

• 1430014855448.jpg
    1430014855448.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 124
  • 1430015159611.jpg
    1430015159611.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 139
  • 1430015206592.jpg
    1430015206592.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 120
Why would the dyno #'s only go up 20hp but over 70lbs tq? Does that seem right? I'm satisfied but should I be

Welcome from Phoenix, Arizona. From the long list of things that you have done to your 10, the only things that I see that would add any HP at all in the exhaust system & the SCT. Did you have Tony do your tunes before or after you did your add ons? That would make a difference. If Tony is going to give you the best tunes, he needs to know what you have done to your 10 before he does the tunes. Since Tony did your tunes you & he need to become the best of friends to get the most from your 10. I would suggest to talk with him.

Thank you for the welcome guys! Tony sent the SCT to me after the mods. I was wondering why the hp went up 20hp but the torque went up 70 ft lbs. Anybody got any ideas?

H.P. is torque multiplied. If you have a "canned tune", it is probably rich to be safe. Midrange engine torque will benefit from a richer curve and peak H.P. will suffer.
Without a dyno graph with A/F, I'd venture to say your 2-4K power is nice and it does a pig rich dive at 5K+ (11:1 or richer).

Cheers

Oh my bad, I warned you I'm the newbie! I'll post the dyno sheet tomorrow when I get to work ( left em there).

What do you guys think about putting 100 shot in ? Weekend street racing and daily driver.. I'd get the jtsvp throttle body with ports. Do I need other mods before I can spray?

Last edited:
speaking of tuning, what can I expect as far as results for a basically stock RC of o get a tune from Unleashed or JTSVP ? only mods are a Volant intake, rear cats deleted, and the stock muffler replaced with magnaflow. it's not much but I consider that basically stock.

Better off leaving the factory tune alone with your mods. It will still be pig rich AND you could loose .2 in the 1/4 if you drop in a "Canned Tune".

Put the stock Cold Air Intake back on with a K&N drop in filter, Install a wideband A/F gauge and then get an SCT from Torrie. Prior to loading a map, go and obtain your WOT A/F ratio's and see how rich it already is. Load your canned tune and then repeat. Don't be surprised if the canned tune is richer (too rich) to be safe.

Then work with Torrie to fine tune your engine to your conditions. THAT is where you will see real results.

Cheers

Our engines are torque monsters and with good tuning and proper mod combo you are freeing up power/torque our engines makes already but are restricted by EPA and other federal regulations. Nitrous makes that torque number grow exponentially ;)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back