New guy here

tribal636

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all, just found the forum while researching my next purchase (SRT-10 Ram of course). Im deployed til Oct or I would have one already. Originally from Tx now I live in the San Bernadino County, Cali. Work as a military contractor and cant wait to get back and start the hunt for the perfect RC SRT-10. Any tips or advice is greatly appreciated. Look forward to joining the club.

Looks to me like your already joined WELCOME ........... and Thanks.

Driving these trucks is an adventure ...... ya can't experiance it until ya drive it.

Jim

Welcome. My advice is buy a truck that is already built. Supercharged turbo or a nasty n/a. Cause you will get carried away eventually lol

sounds like me a year plus ago when i bought my silver QC while deployed and couldn't wait to get home to it! But like a few others have said send alittle more money now and buy one already built ;) You'll save alot of coin in the long run...unless you buy a piece of crap build...... I would post here before buying anything to see if anyone knows history on the truck.....

Welcome. My advice is buy a truck that is already built. Supercharged turbo or a nasty n/a. Cause you will get carried away eventually lol

I would like to, my concern is the stupid ass smog laws in Cali. I bearly got my completely stock Chevy Blazer to pass last year with all new emissions stuff and it runs perfect. Unfortunately I think I am going to have to keep it very close to stock to avoid failing smog.

I would post here before buying anything to see if anyone knows history on the truck.....

I definitely plan to do as much research as possible on a truck before purchasing. I am very specific in what I am looking for so I am ok taking my time before buying.

well whats your perfect RC SRT-10? I know a couple nice worthy Rc's for sale....

Has to be RC 6 speed (cant remember if the RCs came auto or not), no salvage, either black, charcoal, or white, lower miles, preferably already has the oil and power steering lines replaced, not beat to sh!t, and not from a rust prone area of the country are a must. Im sure there is more but after a 12 hr day, my brain is pretty shot.

Rc only 6sp QC only came auto . My mistake was i wanted stock . But after buying i wish it had some extras because they do add up

No real preference on body style, I need the price to be no more than 25k preferably closer to 20 since I will be putting 10k down on a loan for it, so with that being said probably 04/05. I was pretty sure the RC only came 6spd but I clarified just in case my research led me astray.

you think i'm kidding...$20k...

i just spent about $5k on her in the last few months...

went 8.36 on street tires in the 8th on a track that's 2/10's slower than my home track...

98k miles...had it since 15k...NO issues...

ok...i'm acting like a salesman now:D

HAHA i love the sales pitch. Are the bed rails f'ed up from the tool box? Will def keep in touch and when it comes close to me leaving this sh!t hole I will work a deal with my travel people to stop through and take a look at it.

Last edited:
hey brutha welcome to the club. I live about an hour or so away from san bernadino. Im in the us army ca national guard also.

hey brutha welcome to the club. I live about an hour or so away from san bernadino. Im in the us army ca national guard also.
Im not actually in San Bernandino, actually Victorville. Just easier to say San Bernadino since most people have never heard of Victorville unless they drove through on the way to Vegas. Thank you to all who have welcomed me, I look forward to learning as much as possible before my purchase.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back