new guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

05viper qb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hi i just bought a 05 silver srt-10 and i would like to know where i can get a set of heads and a nice cam and what kind of headers i can get. i was thinking of the bassani

Welcome to the forum bro....

You are member 1750!!!

QC or RC? Pics? Bassani very popular here...

Good luck!!!

Welcome!! dont ask nowwhat about headers... he doesnt know too much... Mopar headers and cat-delete are my choice.. as far as heads.. port and polish yours or spend some serious $$$$$$ on some strikers.. you can get a custom grind cam from pbj or comp cam and then there's the mopar cam which I will be installing soon

welcome....:rock:

as these are not V-8s...the normal H/C package is very expensive on theses trucks....figure $8,000+ in Ca. dollars for a ported package...$12,000 for a Striker head package....

you will get 100-125 rwhp from the above....

a blower will get you more bang for the $$$.....

Nowwhat said:
welcome....:rock:

as these are not V-8s...the normal H/C package is very expensive on theses trucks....figure $8,000+ in Ca. dollars for a ported package...$12,000 for a Striker head package....

you will get 100-125 rwhp from the above....

a blower will get you more bang for the $$$.....

Can you do both?:dontknow:

Welcome aboard.

One comment regarding the cam. These are V10's, not V8's. They will never sound like a big cam V8.

As said above.... Cam's don't do shit (for the money).....

Get a FLASH on the computer (especially if it's a Quad-Cab. It'll add 80HP or so ;) ) ...... For a Reg. Cab, do cat-less mids and exhaust first.... then Short-Shifter (B&M or X-Metal).... then go FORCED INDUCTION! :rock: FI will be less money than just a "cam", and will add more HP (as Nowwhat said)

..... Oh, and "Nowwhat" is the FASTEST SRT-10 Ram owner in the WORLD right now.... So, I would listen to him. :D ;) :eek:

05viper qb said:
hi i just bought a 05 silver srt-10 and i would like to know where i can get a set of heads and a nice cam and what kind of headers i can get. i was thinking of the bassani

Welcome!!! Jack just listed some heads for sale in the "For Sale" section, so this may be your lucky day.

Tallk to PBJ Performance (314-781-3135) about a heads/cam package. I did mine for under 6K. If you are smart about buying your parts you can save some money on the package.

And I don't agree with the "bang for the buck" theory. A paxton kit installed will cost you 10K-12K. N/A power and torque curves are different for N/A and S/C engines. A higher peak hp number doesn't mean anything at the track.

My neighbor has a RC with Boomer's paxton kit making 629 rwhp. On our local track with the same drag radials that I use, he ran a 12.6 ET & I ran a 12.5.

My neighbor rode in my truck and his comment was "Your truck feels stronger than mine".

Click on the sound clip in my link to see how a big cam sounds on these motors. :rock:

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums! Good luck on the mod's.

Welcome to the club.You will learn a ton of things about your ride on this great site.

Welcome to the forum... I would read a lot here to see what has worked and has not before spending too much $$. A lot of stuff has been tried with minimal results so it could save you some mod money!

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back