new guy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome, get out your pen and pad because you will learn alot here.

ViperTruck2933 said:
Tallk to PBJ Performance (314-781-3135) about a heads/cam package. I did mine for under 6K. If you are smart about buying your parts you can save some money on the package.

And I don't agree with the "bang for the buck" theory. A paxton kit installed will cost you 10K-12K. N/A power and torque curves are different for N/A and S/C engines. A higher peak hp number doesn't mean anything at the track.

My neighbor has a RC with Boomer's paxton kit making 629 rwhp. On our local track with the same drag radials that I use, he ran a 12.6 ET & I ran a 12.5.

My neighbor rode in my truck and his comment was "Your truck feels stronger than mine".

Click on the sound clip in my link to see how a big cam sounds on these motors. :rock:

Wasn't trying to disrespect your build,.,...:rock:

keep in mind your build was 6k + 2k for headers....for a new guy starting off...the cost would be 8 large....

a paxton truck should be 12 flat on street tires...high 11's on meats....

ViperTruck2933 said:
Tallk to PBJ Performance (314-781-3135) about a heads/cam package. I did mine for under 6K. If you are smart about buying your parts you can save some money on the package.

And I don't agree with the "bang for the buck" theory. A paxton kit installed will cost you 10K-12K. N/A power and torque curves are different for N/A and S/C engines. A higher peak hp number doesn't mean anything at the track.

My neighbor has a RC with Boomer's paxton kit making 629 rwhp. On our local track with the same drag radials that I use, he ran a 12.6 ET & I ran a 12.5.

My neighbor rode in my truck and his comment was "Your truck feels stronger than mine".

Click on the sound clip in my link to see how a big cam sounds on these motors. :rock:

keep in mind your build was 6k + 2k for headers....for a new guy starting off...the cost would be 8 large....

Nowwhat said:

Double Posting ?????? BwaHaHaHaHa:D :D

Nowwhat said:

You are right. I already had the headers on.

We still aren't sure what the deal is with the 2 trucks. Bill (Neighbor w/Paxton) hasn't been able to get under 12.6 and that's on the M&H 390s and a 1.7 sixty. I went 12.5 with a 1.8 sixty. DA was bad and most guys were 3-4 slower than normal. :dontknow:

I am trying to get him out to the track tomorrow night. Maybe I'll take his truck for a pass and see what happens. :confused:

hey congrats on the truck, i just got mine about a month ago now, you definitely do learn a lot here

Welcome Dooode!!:beer: :cheers: :beer:

Welcome aboard,:burnout:
You can definitly learn alot here about mods!!
I ran a best of 12.2 on factory tires,fact cats,fact clutch & shifter.
Race weight was aprox. 5,800 lbs.,Paxton,shorty headers and my tune.
Pick a plan and stick to it,If you plan on F.I.,Headers matter.
I also witnessed Rice eater Run a 12.35 in Aprox. 98.Degree weather:rock:
with N.O.S.,and was told he has run 12.0.:rock: :rock:
With all things concidered,spray sound like the best bang for the buck!
Let the mods begin:rock: :rock: :rock:

thanks for all the info need to do the home work to see where i would like to go with this project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back