New job I'm excited about....

EMT/SRT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
....just got a call from our Sheriff's Dept. with an offer to be their on-call SWAT Medic. It consists of training with the team once a week, going with the team on search warrants, stand-offs, etc. Will be issued SWAT gear, medical supplies and a hand gun for self-protection. I'm always on the look-out for adrenaline and always want to help folks and what a way to combine the two. Just thought I would share this bit of news for the LEO's we have around the forum and emergency workers. Wish me luck!
Travis

cool man,,,,, the first pot raid,,, dont forget me I will take what yall cant hall away:elefant:

Now you get to shoot someone and then provide medical assistance. Cool job, sounds exciting. Just keep your head down.

Congrats man. Becareful! My neighbor is the head of the gang/SWAT here in chattanooga. Its amazing what goes on that we don't hear about.

SilvrSRT10 said:
Now you get to shoot someone and then provide medical assistance. Cool job, sounds exciting. Just keep your head down.

beat me to it...
yeah an EMT carrying a gun.... I can hear it now...

EMT: "I'm tryin to help you"
Patient: owe, don't poke me there I've been shot
EMT: settle down or I'll bust another cap in ur a$$ :D

SWAT medic??

I thought that in order to be a "Swat Medic" you would have to have law enforcement standards as well as be a PARAMEDIC insted of an EMT.But maybe Im wrong LOL LOL My Hero!!!

oh and You wanted to be wished GoodLuck too,I forgot that LOL

EMT/SRT said:
....just got a call from our Sheriff's Dept. with an offer to be their on-call SWAT Medic. It consists of training with the team once a week, going with the team on search warrants, stand-offs, etc. Will be issued SWAT gear, medical supplies and a hand gun for self-protection. I'm always on the look-out for adrenaline and always want to help folks and what a way to combine the two. Just thought I would share this bit of news for the LEO's we have around the forum and emergency workers. Wish me luck!
Travis

Congratulations :rock: :rock: That is a tough job with alot of training.
Good for a resume, also.

Pretty harsh is what I was thinking, Kyle. After all, I didn't apply for the job, just asked to do it. They(deputies) stated they did not need a Paramedic. Just someone with training higher than "First Responder".

EMT/SRT said:
Travis

Did it for 5 years, and the fellas are great. If you get the chance to go to Orlando to the Roundup...go. They have some great vendor's...the event's are great...and once you build a solid relationship with the LEO's...they may let you be an auxillary member of the team during competition. Take some of the bomb classes...and the hand to hand tactical classes offered in Orlando:rock: Not sure what the fellas are carrying up there...but get used to shooting Glock's. I happen to be very comfortable shooting mine. Get to Contom's as well;) :rock:
Have fun with it. Your going to see a whole other side of the world though...it's like Vegas...what happens in Vegas...stay's in Vegas;) :)

And remember what S.W.A.T. stands for....

S it
W ait
A nd
T alk

:rofl:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back