mr.goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced the grilles and hood emblem. Thanks JTSVP

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    643 KB · Views: 252
Yep, I am going to start looking at the grills on eBay. Also while I am in there I am going to scuff and spray the air deflectors behind the grill. I want to freshen up the black because mine are a little faded.

Yep, I am going to start looking at the grills on eBay. Also while I am in there I am going to scuff and spray the air deflectors behind the grill. I want to freshen up the black because mine are a little faded.

Pull them out and clean them with meguires " back to black"

Pull them out and clean them with meguires " back to black"

I thought about that also. I use to use their tire foam on the black plastic under the hood on the vette and it always looked new for a long time afterward.

Clean them up with simple green and use Krylon Fusion gloss black(for plastic) works awesome. When I did my grill changeover I did the hood grill, honeycombs and bumper grills with it to match everything and came out awesome, 3-4 coats. Still looks great after a year!!!!

P1010003.JPG

P1010005.JPG

P1010004.JPG

Doesn't the pass side 1 with the indentation direct air to the inner fender for the OE airbox?????

Replaced the grilles and hood emblem. Thanks JTSVP

The front end of your truck is almost identical to mine, except for my tinted windshield. :D

Just the opposite for me, I think it covers the "ugly" stuff that you would see through the grill, just my opinion.

Doesn't the pass side 1 with the indentation direct air to the inner fender for the OE airbox?????

extra hood lift? gets more air under the hood at speed

Both of these quotes are correct. Airflow through the grill is a HUGE drag issue. The bonus is the capturing a "slice" of cool, high volume air at one of the most high pressure areas on the truck at speed. That scoop is very effective.:burnout:

Hawk02: super clean ride:rock:

Both of these quotes are correct. Airflow through the grill is a HUGE drag issue. The bonus is the capturing a "slice" of cool, high volume air at one of the most high pressure areas on the truck at speed. That scoop is very effective.:burnout:

Hawk02: super clean ride:rock:

You're really over thinking this, its a pickup truck rolling down the highway, not a land speed car. The speeds at which the effects would be noticeable are double what the speed limit is

Hmm maybe I should tape all mine off for an 11 second pass this weekend :D
Couldnt hurt! My grille deflectors have been gone for years :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back