New look

Both of these quotes are correct. Airflow through the grill is a HUGE drag issue. The bonus is the capturing a "slice" of cool, high volume air at one of the most high pressure areas on the truck at speed. That scoop is very effective.:burnout:

Hawk02: super clean ride:rock:

Thanks for the compliment bro:rock:

You're really over thinking this, its a pickup truck rolling down the highway, not a land speed car. The speeds at which the effects would be noticeable are double what the speed limit is

Ummm... NO, not really. Yep, it's a truck, with a respectable Cd rating. It did not go 154.587 stock without a little help from Aero tweaks. Take the grill baffles out and your acceleration curve up to / and top speed will drop. Aero comes into effect as low as 40 m.p.h. At 70 m.p.h., your wind force is 4X stonger. If you think that no big deal...why do Tour De France riders tuck?!?
So... you never exceed the speed limit?!? Your trap speeds at the track don't matter?!?:D

Hmm maybe I should tape all mine off for an 11 second pass this weekend :D
Couldnt hurt! My grille deflectors have been gone for years :D
With Trap speeds well over 100 m.p.h., it will definately help. Check out what Trainman did to his grill and fog lights. He is right on with his block off's.:rock: Do back to back runs, and note the trap speed difference.

Thanks for the compliment bro:rock:
Well deserved. Your welcome.:)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back