New member in Portland, OR

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyleblix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I just purchased an 06 QC NR. It was the same truck that "canviper" was looking at in Portland, OR.

I really appreciate reading his posts as I did a lot of digging on this truck before deciding to buy it. The truck was in a front end accident, (Guy drove it through a fence). I took it down to the Dodge dealer, they hooked it up and told me the airbags actaully did not blow. I took the truck to a trusted body shop to check the repairs. Everything looks good, no frame damage. Most importantly, the title is clean.

I was able to negotiate a good deal on the truck so I decided to pull the trigger.

Anyway, I'm really enjoying the truck. I came from a 911 so this is a BIG change. I wanted something with lots of room that was still fun to drive. Mission accomplished! I've loved these trucks since they came out and am thrilled that I get to drive one every day....other than the gas mileage of course.

I would like to remove the NIGHTRUNNER decal from the bedsides though, any tips? Or should I just pay a bodyshop $20 to do it?

Last edited:
kyleblix said:
Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I just purchased an 06 QC NR. It was the same truck that "canviper" was looking at in Portland, OR.

I really appreciate reading his posts as I did a lot of digging on this truck before deciding to buy it. The truck was in a front end accident, (Guy drove it through a fence). I took it down to the Dodge dealer, they hooked it up and told me the airbags actaully did not blow. I took the truck to a trusted body shop to check the repairs. Everything looks good, no frame damage. Most importantly, the title is clean.

I was able to negotiate a good deal on the truck so I decided to pull the trigger.

Anyway, I'm really enjoying the truck. I came from a 911 so this is a BIG change. I wanted something with lots of room that was still fun to drive. Mission accomplished! I've loved these trucks since they came out and am thrilled that I get to drive one every day....other than the gas mileage of course.

I would like to remove the NIGHTRUNNER decal from the bedsides though, any tips? Or should I just pay a bodyshop $20 to do it?

Welcome to the club!

Removing the decals are actually pretty easy if you have the right tools and patience, (tools; heat gun, fishing string, goo-gone). It's a rather long process, but that's coming from a guy who removed Dodge Ram 1500 from three places on a truck along with SLT and other tags.. Otherwise a body shop will get all the goo and junk off your truck better then I could get it off mine, and I was using laquer thinner and goo-gone and adhesive remover.

Good luck! And wlecome to the VTCoA, once again!

Welcome. I'm in portland also. I'd like to see your truck. We could meet for beers. Don't forget to post pics.

welcome to da RBC........:)

luis (lsmvpr) has a nightrunner too & lives across the river in vancouver - he can tell ya some about these trucks too...... I live in BG, but sold my YF recently for a GTS. :D

Hey guys, thanks for the welcome!!

Meeting up with some of the local guys for beers and/or to learn more about these trucks sounds great!

I don't know if i'll be doing much moding, but i've said that before...

Here are a couple pics from 5 minutes ago with my crappy camera:

TruckRR.jpg

TruckLF.jpg

Last edited:
kyleblix said:
Hey guys, thanks for the welcome!!

Meeting up with some of the local guys for beers and/or to learn more about these trucks sounds great!

I don't know if i'll be doing much moding, but i've said that before...

Here are a couple pics from 5 minutes ago with my crappy camera:

We'll see how you feel in about 6 months! especially if you say frequent in the forums!

moparracing said:
welcome to da RBC........:)

luis (lsmvpr) has a nightrunner too & lives across the river in vancouver - he can tell ya some about these trucks too...... I live in BG, but sold my YF recently for a GTS. :D

That would be ME :D

welcome, nice looking truck :rock: :rock:

My friend Troy removed my stickers for me, he owns a repair shop and a bodyshop, so he has tools to remove them. Either u can do it ur self, or just pay someone to do it, u deff dont want to scratch the paint while removing it.
if u want info on Troys shop, shoot me a pm , we r just across the river like Randy said!! welcome!:rock:

Thanks again guys.

Here's a question. The truck didn't come with the navigation disc. Any recommendations? Dodge wants $200+ for a ****ing DVD.

kyleblix said:
Thanks again guys.

Here's a question. The truck didn't come with the navigation disc. Any recommendations? Dodge wants $200+ for a ****ing DVD.
they are floating around ...but your best bet is to start another thread in the wanted section because no one will ever see it in here bud

kyleblix said:

Good Buy on the truck i was dealing hard on that one but the carfax i got said the truck was in a accident. So that would have been too much red tape and B.S to get up to Canada. If i was states side i would have done the same inspection Good job.
I know it's none off my business but what did you finally buy the truck for.?

Have fun with your new buy

canviper said:
Good Buy on the truck i was dealing hard on that one but the carfax i got said the truck was in a accident. So that would have been too much red tape and B.S to get up to Canada. If i was states side i would have done the same inspection Good job.
I know it's none off my business but what did you finally buy the truck for.?

Have fun with your new buy

PM sent :D

sending you a hug from a new member

as the others have told me ...welcome to the madness ...but i'm having a blast on here ...foxxx (PammyCakes)
kyleblix said:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back