New Member Looking for a NIGHTRUNNER

Status
Not open for further replies.

canviper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey i am a new member to the forum. I'm from Canada and don't own a srt yet.But hopefully will soon my only setback is that i only want a 06 Quad Cab Nightrunner with low mles and Nav. And they were never sold in Canada.So i've been watching E-bay and autotrader.com and i found 4 canidates for right now but have no idea want to offer? the prices range f/$40,000 to $ 28,000
and the miles range f/ 2300miles to 28000miles. There mostly at dealerships which makes it tough cause most have no idea what truck there dealing with.And it seems as soon as i tell them the truck is a limted edition and i'm from Canada they jack up the PRICE. It's geting frustrating guys cause i think i have a handle on what these trucks are worth but maybe i don't.
What do you guys think what's a good starting offer on a truck w/10000miles or less fully loaded with NAV. There's 3 in autotrader right now with under 10000 miles and they keep calling my name.
Also if there are any members interested in selling there 06 quadcab NRT w/Nav i would defintly be interested.

Sorry guys about the long 1st post

Welcome to the RBC.

There was a guy who was importing 10's in Calgary a few years ago, when I was looking to buy my 06RC. Not sure if he is still around. Prices are lower in the States than in Canada for our trucks. My guess....between $20 and $30k USD.

Thanks old Colt prices are defintly better in the US right now and exchange
rate is in my favor. Only problem is i'm seeing prices all over the place and i'm
getting confused ie. there's a truck in UTAH for 40000.00 w/2400miles. to me
this seems to much. And then there is a dealer in portland wanting 27990.00
w/9700miles I phoned him interested willing to put now deposit. He phones me 24hrslater and changes price to 29990.00 IT'S FRUSTRATING:

Thanks old colt you don't remeber who was importing in Calgary?
My big problem is the price range on the low mile trucks Between $40000.00
to $28000.00? it's hard to pinpoint a good price for these trucks.
Does anyone else have a opinion on pricing on low mile nightrunners?

Thanks old colt you don't remeber off hand who was importing in Calgary do you?
And your right about the prices being close to 30000.00
but i just found 1 in utah with 4500miles for 35000.00 is that to much?

Last edited:
Sorry, but I do not have the person's name with me. I'm away with work for a month. I could check them out, when I get back to Calgary. Paying $35k USD from a dealer is very high. The person who traded may have only got high teen's, low 20's. There is nothing more that owners would like to see than an increase in the resale value of their trucks. The market is not supporting higher prices right now. The best thing to consider is how much you are willing to spend, including shipping, exchange, duty, taxes and fees, plus the cost to get the vehicle inspected and brought up to DOT standards (daytime running lights, which can be programed at your local Dodge dealer) etc. If it's within your budget, go for it. I would think that truck would retail for $35-40k cdn on a lot here. New the 06's were selling for $60k+ new in Canada.

welcome to the RBC:rock: & good luck on your quest:rock: :rock: :rock:

Thanks oldcolt your right i have a budget in mine on what i want to pay.
But the problem i'm seeing now is with these trucks being close to 5yrsold
it's getting tough to find clean ones and honest people. I just put in a offer on a truck in portland at a dealership And he gave a false vin and carfax so i hired a vehicle broker to DBL check carfax and he actually found out that the truck had 3 owners and recently had both airbags deployed meaning the truck had been in a major front end accident. I was pissed this morning when i found that out. So i guess that's why i am on the forum to see if anybody has a link to anyone trying to sell a clean Q/C NIGHTRUNNER.
HEY oldcolt where are you working i'm in RUSSIA right now in the oilfield i work 35/35

canviper said:
Thanks oldcolt your right i have a budget in mine on what i want to pay.
But the problem i'm seeing now is with these trucks being close to 5yrsold
it's getting tough to find clean ones and honest people. I just put in a offer on a truck in portland at a dealership And he gave a false vin and carfax so i hired a vehicle broker to DBL check carfax and he actually found out that the truck had 3 owners and recently had both airbags deployed meaning the truck had been in a major front end accident. I was pissed this morning when i found that out. So i guess that's why i am on the forum to see if anybody has a link to anyone trying to sell a clean Q/C NIGHTRUNNER.
HEY oldcolt where are you working i'm in RUSSIA right now in the oilfield i work 35/35

Wow, what kind of dealership was that?:mad: Good luck finding what you want;) To bad you don't want a NR RC:( You can track it's history right here on the VTCOA!:rock:

kyle's srt10 said:
Wow, what kind of dealership was that?:mad: Good luck finding what you want;) To bad you don't want a NR RC:( You can track it's history right here on the VTCOA!:rock:

I don't know how to post links yet But the dealers name was Speed Sports
in Milwaukie,OR,97267. You can't see the truck now it's off of autotrader
and there dealer website. It's been an on going battle trying to find the truck i want this is the 2nd truck and dealer that have given me false carfax's
now i let my local auto broker handle things cause there's to many crooks
out there. And i would love an R/C seems like better selection out there.
But w/3kids it's hard to fit them in there. This truck when i get one will be
my ultimate Sunday Criuser

Your instinct to find the truth, and work through a website like ours, is a good one. Knowing everything you can, about a potential buy, will always help in determining what's it worth. :rock: :) Welcome, and keep us "in the loop" with your search.

TO Old Colt: thanks again the one in Burnaby is pretty beat rims are all scarded up steering wheel total peeled off high miles etc. Not what i'm looking for. And the one in in Winnipeg is a false picture if you check the dealers website they are actualy selling a 05 quadcab. The picture is actually
from the American autotrader from a truck that is selling there right now lol
So i called Winnipeg anyways and they didn't even know what a nightrunner was. I want to find a low mile truck if possible but it's scary now cause if you call anyone on them why do they have low miles? have they been in the impound or autowreckers for a year. That's why that portland truck had such low miles it was sitting in repo and waiting to get fixed. My wife and broker finally tracked down the whole truck's history

Something will come up. Just keep doing what your doing and you will find the right truck.:) :)

Looks like it has a Volante or Mopar CAI. Also looks like someone made off with the 22's!! :elefant: :elefant: :elefant:

Volant for sure & it gets better gas mileage in the city than on the highway

:elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :rock:

Thanks guys for the heads up but there is actually a black pear q/c for sale in Camrose not bad price w/some mods.I haven't seen it yet cause i'm away at work
but i'm going to check it out as soon as i get home.Black pearl is defintly my
2nd choice. But i'm a sucker for limted editions so i might hold out for the NRT
WINTER is a coming so i'll have lot's off time to look south off the border.
I'm just trying to broden the search with the help off the VTCOA members

I know old colt there all rare espcially in Canada but my mind is pretty set on
a NRT i know i could clone one but that's not up my alley either.I'm patient and i know what i want. I been drooling over these trucks since 06. So a couple months/years ( i hope not ) and i'll find what i want. I have a local vehicle broker helping me look now. So if something pops up statside within reason he's ready to go down there and get it. Plus it seems like with the NRT's they go in spurts there's either a but load off them for sale or none.
I've been watching these trucks for a couple off years on the internet.But im finally getting serious about buying one now. But my timing is still crappy with winter coming soon but like i said i can wait for the right one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back