new parts to install

so thats what has been slowing me down……..

thanks, if i can ever get the parts book to download i'll see if the dealer still has them

after going through all this and hearing comments on other threads i thought i should put some info out there for the new people just starting on their truck

background: i have completely stripped and rebuilt a 1966 Dodge Charger several times over the last 20+ years/i changed my first motor over a ditch in the front yard/i have modified new and old vehicles

this was my first truck and first vehicle with a limited market

if your gonna work on your 10 you will need to have metric AND sae tools up through 22mm and 1 1/4 inch. until now i had never needed anything bigger than 15mm and 3/4 inch. you will need a variety of extensions and sockets (especially thin walled ones)

if you have looked around yet you will notice that parts are limited and expensive

i have been used to big parts houses and reproduction shops and thorough directions

i bought items from our main vendors
JMB (Justin)
JTSVP (Tony)
Venomous1 (Scott)
sometimes i got no directions and sometimes the directions were completely wrong as far as items included and drill bits needed. Sometimes the vendor offered to help, sometimes they were no help, sometimes i didn't ask for help (just fixed it myself)

at first i was pretty pissed, partly with my lack of truck knowledge and partly with what i got for my money. then i realized that no big "normal" vendor does anything for us. these guys are making stuff from scratch with no multi million dollar R&D or marketing division behind them for a vehicle that is over 10 years old, only made for 3 years (for our trucks not the vipers) and now owned by guys like me who are at the lower income level than the original owners who bought theirs off the showroom floor.

and they continue to make and improve their products despite all the limitations above.

if it wasn't for them i would be driving a stock truck trying to modify Hemi truck parts and using AutoZone/Pep Boys/o'rielly ricer parts to "jazz" it up.

so, for all my bitching, i'm grateful to these 3 vendors for helping me personalize Zilla in a way i never could have with the "main stream" parts places

Hats off to Justin, Tony and Scott, you guys make it possible to live the dream

(But you need more YELLOW parts):rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back