new parts to install

NukeGM/Ford

Reaction score
Lots of new parts, gonna be a busy weekend, can't wait for the rest of the parts.

Have :
Coils and wires
Lowering kit
Battery relocation kit
Hood emblem
Black grille
Exhaust

Waiting on :
Traction system
Shifter
Lighted starter button
Bump steer kit
Hood

Many thanks to Justin, Scott and Tony

Lots of new parts, gonna be a busy weekend, can't wait for the rest of the parts.

Have :
Coils and wires
Lowering kit
Battery relocation kit
Hood emblem
Black grille
Exhaust

Waiting on :
Traction system
Shifter
Lighted starter button
Bump steer kit
Hood

Many thanks to Justin, Scott and Tony

just to let you and the rest know, the bumpsteers are done, I am awaiting the rod ends, which should show up today or tomorrow, they will ship first of week

working on a vehicle without a manual or previous experience with that vehicle is very un-nerving. of course i picked the hardest thing to do first. searched for a tutorial on changing the coils and intake…….. couldn't find one.

this engine is not designed for fat guys, cut off 2 cylinders and my belly doesn't get in the way of reaching the back of the intake

why the hell would they bury the coils and wires with all that room on the pass fender well??? lazy bastards!!!!!!

these damn fuel rails aren't coming out…….. even using a lever against the intake to pry up …………

didn't think Zilla had that much fuel pressure going on………………...:D

why the hell would they bury the coils and wires with all that room on the pass fender well??? lazy bastards!!!!!![/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I thought! So you see them,big deal

yes, all 6 bolts are out and all electrical connectors are off

Ah the first time changing out the wires, well in your case the coils to. Sucks.

To get the fuel rail off, I used the wooden handle part of my rubber mallet, placed it under the rail and gave it some up/down wacking and it popped it loose.

I Gotta Say The Bumpsteer Kit Does Not Work, Wheel Still Jerks When You Hit Bumps , SUCKS ,And I Had It Looked At By Three Wheel Alignment Guys, And They All Said That It Is Installed Correct, And Theres No Adjustment To Be Done, And Thats The Way It Is !!!! I'm Glad Mine Was Free !!

Ah the first time changing out the wires, well in your case the coils to. Sucks.

To get the fuel rail off, I used the wooden handle part of my rubber mallet, placed it under the rail and gave it some up/down wacking and it popped it loose.

thanks, not sure why it worked with the mallet instead of the screwdriver but all that matters is that it worked

are the injectors supposed to look like an oil burning spark plug?? not exactly that description but….. i guess its just carbon……

alright, used the t30 bit with all the 1/4 extensions, that was easy
now how the hell do you get off the uppers that are to close to the intake to get a open end around and the t30 is to tall and doesn't have a right angle driver anyway………...

Yeah, the infamous bolts on cylinder #9 (back right). I spent a long time laying across the engine trying to get those out. Little by very little. My friend grinded down one of his socket wrenches on one side and that helped fit it. Here is a pic to help motivate you...

can't believe after 11 years nobody has found a source for the dealer tool for these bolts, no way a dealer mechanic is going through these hoops, i thought they got paid book rate but usually get it done faster through tricks and shortcuts…… of course if they mess up then they pay for it

yes, i'm whining, decided to do the wires and coils due to 75K miles, hope these last 100K or at least until i'm worm food……….. i won't be doing them again…………….. i hope…………. please Lord……….. punish me some other way……
i still have headers to do………...

Speaking of doing headers......

picture.php

sooooooooo, breaking the retainers is mandatory i see, what a wonderful design……………..

now if i could only get my plug wire puller to actually pull the wire off the plug
i bet these have NEVER been changed, can't even get the #2 to budge, don't know how i'll get the rest off at this rate

sooooooooo, breaking the retainers is mandatory i see, what a wonderful design……………..

now if i could only get my plug wire puller to actually pull the wire off the plug
i bet these have NEVER been changed, can't even get the #2 to budge, don't know how i'll get the rest off at this rate

Retainers pull straight off bolt stud bud. Start by grabbing boot, rotate clockwise and counterclockwise before attempting to pull. 99% of the time it's actually the boot gripping the porcelain plug that makes removal impossible. You have the years of being on there and the suction cup effect while removing. Ever hear the little pop once it comes loose? Little bit of vacuum ;)
Good luck and if you haven't reinstalled intake I have the tricks ;)
And posted then here countless times. :rock:

i enjoy working on mine as much as driving it, ppl wonder if it runs cuz im always finding things to tinker or improve on it. then sometime i wish i hadnt touched it lol

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back