new parts to install

The bolt should be marked to indicate reverse thread.
Some have an CC arrow imprinted on the bolt head...
______

Been forever since I've seen one with an arrow but I do recall now. Most have the faces the socket/wrench attaches to marked with little notches. Good info

now that i know which way it goes i'm willing to get a little more aggressive, didn't want to snap it off going the wrong way before.

came off easy as pie

SOB!!!! now the new belt for the under drive pulley won't go on dammit!!!

its missing by half an inch of getting over the edge of the pulley. i have the tensioner pulled all the way over to the pass fender and all the ribs are seated on each pulley. i'm assuming i'm routing it correctly since there is no diagram available. i'm running it the logical way and the way i remember, of course that was 2 months ago…………….

found a pic on here by moparracing

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/f7/serpentine-belt-diagram-38055/

do the numbers on the pulleys indicate an order to install belt?? i have the routing correct but was trying to get it over the alternator as the last one since it was the smallest and easiest to get to……………..

maybe it would be easier to slide over the water pump since it has no ridges??

when i changed the belt on my 05 hemi it was a breeze……… or i just got lucky??

have to try after work today

found a pic on here by moparracing

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/f7/serpentine-belt-diagram-38055/

do the numbers on the pulleys indicate an order to install belt?? i have the routing correct but was trying to get it over the alternator as the last one since it was the smallest and easiest to get to……………..

maybe it would be easier to slide over the water pump since it has no ridges??

when i changed the belt on my 05 hemi it was a breeze……… or i just got lucky??

have to try after work today

Yessir slide over water pump last! That should help out :burnout:

Finally seeing progress on my list. Next up r the long bars . Any RC out there with them? ? Does your frame look like this? ? How did your front bracket sit in relation to this weld?? I have my him joints screwed half way in but I don't know if screwing them all the way in will shorten the bar up enough

Attachments

• 20150628_050922.jpg
    20150628_050922.jpg
    498.8 KB · Views: 69
Thread heims into bar halfway, attach rear bracket, then bar to that bracket. Bar will hang towards front. Attach bracket to heim/bar and lift into place on frame and our jack stands or jack under them to hold in position while pilot holes are marked.
Your spot looks like money. I'd attach bracket and heim and raise to frame to double check though boss.

Had to bolt them right behind the weld where the two pieces of the frame come together (I would of thought that the frame would of been 1 piece all the way though )
The forward section of the frame was too wide for the bracket but I had to screw the heim joints in over 3/4 of the way on each end to get it to line up with the bracket hole .

On a side note I almost electrocuted myself. I forgot that I had run the positive battery cable up through the frame rail. Happened to look towards the rear of the truck right before the drill went through the frame, battery cable sitting on the bottom of frame rail right where the bolt goes through, that would be a video for tv!!!

long bars in, on to the next item

i took the drivers inner fender and battery box out for more room
moved the battery to the rear. was going to make a plate to support the fuse box and ABS box but decided to put the battery box back in

now i'm stuck twirling this cruise control module and some other little thing trying to figure out how they fit under the battery box. lots of screw holes under the battery box but none of them seem to line up correctly

anybody ever take a close-up pic of this area?? even if it just looks towards the drivers side from the passenger side that i can get a glimpse of the cruise control to see what angle it sits at?? or a pic from a service manual if someone has one???

boy it sure sucks working here this past week at 110, can't take it anymore, still to do list

1. final charge for battery
2. put inner rear fender back in around battery
3. finish cruise control install
4. front drivers inner fender install
5. black lug nuts
6. alignment
7. replace exhaust
8. wire exhaust cutouts
9. decide on rear wing install
10. sand/prep/install hood
11. install Tonys shifter if it ever gets here
12. paint custom wheel center caps
13. install front sway bar
14. install under radiator tray
15. install black grill in new hood

damn, i thought the le=ist was getting shorter but it gets longer every time i type it:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

I'm getting ready to do the coils and wires on my 06 QB I would love to know the tips on reinstalling the intake Thanks

I'm getting ready to do the coils and wires on my 06 QB I would love to know the tips on reinstalling the intake Thanks

Get me your email address and I can forward you the factory service procedure for removing and installing intake manifold.

boy it sure sucks working here this past week at 110, can't take it anymore, still to do list

1. final charge for batteryDONE
2. put inner rear fender back in around batteryDONE
3. finish cruise control installDONE
4. front drivers inner fender installDONE
5. black lug nuts
6. alignmentDONE
7. replace exhaustDONE
8. wire exhaust cutouts
9. decide on rear wing install
10. sand/prep/install hood
11. install Tonys shifter if it ever gets here
12. paint custom wheel center caps
13. install front sway bar
14. install under radiator tray
15. install black grill in new hood

damn, i thought the le=ist was getting shorter but it gets longer every time i type it:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

YEAH, PROGRESS!!!!!!!!!!!

anybody put aftermarket hood on their trucks?? rephrase that, a regular ram hemi engine type hood on their trucks?? i assume the V1 hoods were done EXACTLY like the SRT hood.

the hood latch area on my new hood is slightly different than the SRT one and was wondering if someone had dealt with this before. Are the regular ram hoods/radiator support cross member different than ours?? i don't have a pic of my Daytona radiator with the SRT hood. I wouldn't think they were different from the saving money standpoint on Ma Mopar end??

pics to follow

Pics.......

Attachments

• 20150710_123803.jpg
    20150710_123803.jpg
    564.5 KB · Views: 50
  • 20150710_123719.jpg
    20150710_123719.jpg
    687.1 KB · Views: 48
  • 20150710_123657.jpg
    20150710_123657.jpg
    309.1 KB · Views: 58