new parts to install

liquid nitrogen should do the trick, you are a brave man for tackling this thing alone, good on you sir

Dry ice worked in 30 secs and 4 whacks with hammer. I just hope that the spindle is ok from the heat. Ball joints look perfectly clean! !!!!

Bumpsteer installed thanks to u guys.
Next up is oil cooler lines, I don't have a wrench big enough to fit the oem oil cooler lines on the cooler end or the jtsvp replacement lines. (Couldn't reach the block end of the line so I don't know about that one either.

Anybody remember the fitting sizes for these 3 connections? ?

Oil cooler lines were a greasey pain n the a $$, stupid sway bar n the way. .....

Crank pulley was rusted to the damper, bent it a little bit with a hammer, easy fix if i ever put it back. What concerns me is the cut i found in it, hard to believe that it was made this way. .......

Attachments

• 20150614_071229.jpg
    20150614_071229.jpg
    703.1 KB · Views: 47
Thought about doing the letters yellow but no one can see it way down there. .......

Attachments

• 20150614_072326.jpg
    20150614_072326.jpg
    781.9 KB · Views: 25
  • 20150614_072335.jpg
    20150614_072335.jpg
    646.8 KB · Views: 76
Soooooo, I must have done something wrong. ..... instead of lowering the front end, it looks like I raised it. .......

Compared to my avatar (don't have a regular pic on my phone )

Attachments

• 20150614_084217.jpg
    20150614_084217.jpg
    482.9 KB · Views: 78
Its still on a jack stand genius. Just wait until 2 more weeks. I will be down there and will fix all your fuck ups

Hey dickhead, it's NOT on a jack stand, that stand is just sitting under the truck, NOT TOUCHING ANYTHING! !!!!!!!

Anyone with something constructive to say???
I already bounced the front end some trying to get it settled but its not going down like I thought it would

Hey slim. Dont be mad at me if you fucked up. Somebody (not naming anyone) did the same thing. They left a jack stand in the middle of the frame and the front was high. If your back is still jacked up the front will be high too.

Hey slim. Dont be mad at me if you fucked up. Somebody (not naming anyone) did the same thing. They left a jack stand in the middle of the frame and the front was high. If your back is still jacked up the front will be high too.

you keep saying i'm fucking my truck up and i'm getting tired of it, maybe in cali you don't have to worry about fixing something that wasn't taken care of and is rusty as shit, but somebody has to try to keep these trucks alive. this isn't the first old vehicle i've worked on but it is the most rusty, and i've never done a truck (or any vehicle with no damn owners manual) so some of this stuff isn't "common knowledge" like some of you may think.

i thought we as a forum were here to help each other, if the "new" guys can't learn from the "old" guys then whats the use??

and i'm NOT "slim", 6 ft 300 lbs dammit, the only thing "slim" about me is the fudgescicle in each hand

you keep saying i'm fucking my truck up and i'm getting tired of it, maybe in cali you don't have to worry about fixing something that wasn't taken care of and is rusty as shit, but somebody has to try to keep these trucks alive. this isn't the first old vehicle i've worked on but it is the most rusty, and i've never done a truck (or any vehicle with no damn owners manual) so some of this stuff isn't "common knowledge" like some of you may think.

i thought we as a forum were here to help each other, if the "new" guys can't learn from the "old" guys then whats the use??

and i'm NOT "slim", 6 ft 300 lbs dammit, the only thing "slim" about me is the fudgescicle in each hand

Im so happy you can pick up my sarcasm. Im willing to help out when i go in 2 weeks. Just buy the beer.

just frustrated with everything going wrong, i shouldn't have gotten so many parts at once, can't work on truck as much as i want to and its getting hotter everyday out here. Its been down 57 days so far and i'm starting to have withdrawals from not being able to drive her and having to drive a 4cyl ford ranger all the time, i even had to drive a honda fit on vacation in may, it sucked

you will be on vacation and i'm working 60 hrs a week (plus i avoid the strip so i won't be of any help as a tour guide, have no idea whats good to do down there, sorry).

enjoy your time in town and spend LOTS of money, thats how we keep our state "no state income tax", so spend, spend, spend and spend some more!!

:chain:

Take a deep breath and relax. We are here to help with a little sarcasm on the side. Feel free to call me when you need help. I will walk you through anything.

sometimes placeing cardboard or empty pizza box works best under the front tires before you lower the jack will let the tires slide as you lower, or push the truck forward then back will settle the front end. my dad was 6 6 275lb im only 5 10 175lb i got the crappy work cuz i was compatable lol, keep up the good work and pics i enjoy seeing whats happening cuz the do it yourself section is restricted and here we can see what your doing.

Anybody look at the pulley? ? Is that normal or was it on its way out? ?

572, I'll try rolling it to see what happens

Srt2, I have a dry sense of humor and lots of sarcasm but that "f ng up my truck " was really getting to me, sorry for calling u names, some answers are usually better than nothing i guess. ...

Once you get to meet srt2slow you will realize he is one of the good guys. He will help you with anything, all you have to do is ask. But don't let him stay at your place, he might try "stuff", if you know what I mean.......

Anybody look at the pulley? ? Is that normal or was it on its way out? ?

572, I'll try rolling it to see what happens

Srt2, I have a dry sense of humor and lots of sarcasm but that "f ng up my truck " was really getting to me, sorry for calling u names, some answers are usually better than nothing i guess. ...

It's normal bud. I suspect to cut down on any noises the belt produces. I thought the same thing years ago

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back