New PB in the CTS V

Trainman

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Posting up on here for my Viper Brothers. Tried out some Drag Radials today on the CTS V for the first time. Car is a 2012 Coupe with 6-speed manual (of course) basically stock as it only has an AIRAID CAI and a Tune. Previous best on street tires was 12.24 @ 118.91. My new record:

11.855 @ 118.85mph. DA was 1208', 60' 1.860, 1/8th mile 7.704 @ 93.91.

Sorry no video.:rock:

Posting up on here for my Viper Brothers. Tried out some Drag Radials today on the CTS V for the first time. Car is a 2012 Coupe with 6-speed manual (of course) basically stock as it only has an AIRAID CAI and a Tune. Previous best on street tires was 12.24 @ 118.91. My new record:

11.855 @ 118.85mph. DA was 1208', 60' 1.860, 1/8th mile 7.704 @ 93.91.

Sorry no video.:rock:

That's great, kinda sucks that new cars can run what we try so hard to do in our trucks with such minimal mods/effort:(

If GM was to make the CTS-V in AWD form it would be VERY hard to beat on the street or strip!:chain:

Stock vs Stock it would be much quicker than a ZR1 or Viper!:D

If GM was to make the CTS-V in AWD form it would be VERY hard to beat on the street or strip!:chain:

Stock vs Stock it would be much quicker than a ZR1 or Viper!:D

Not really bro, the weight and parasitic power loss of transfer case and propshaft as well as axles, differential and whatnot would make it far slower. That's why most real SRT GC owners that are serious racers drop the front driveline. Frees up much power and torque!

Not really bro, the weight and parasitic power loss of transfer case and propshaft as well as axles, differential and whatnot would make it far slower. That's why most real SRT GC owners that are serious racers drop the front driveline. Frees up much power and torque!

If it was done correctly IMHO it would be faster. Even if it robbed an additional 30rwhp it would for sure be quicker than the RWD version. Again this is JMO i'm not here to argue never have been.;)

Congrats Jerry. What RPM were you launching at?

On that pass, 4,000 rpm, with 15.5 lbs of air in the M&H 275-40-17 Drag Radials, 26" tall. Car has stock 3.73 gears, I am shifting at 6,500 rpm. It actually spun a little too much off the line but still managed a 1.86 60'. It was my 3rd pass of the day. First run I had 19 lbs, left at 3,000 rpm and bogged bad, 2.02 60', second pass I was at 17 lbs of air, 4,500 rpm launch and spun bad, also 2.02 60'. On my last pass of the day I was still at 15.5 lbs, but tried an easy 4,000 rpm launch, sort of a roll out, but it bogged, no spin at all, and I had a 1.91 60'. That final pass was a 12.04 @ 118.96, which is my best speed so far. I think with a little more practice I can get the 60' time in the 1.70 range, which should put the car in the low 11.70's or high 11.60's. No further mods are planned at this time.....gotta finish the SRT-10 NA build....then make it go straight.....and run a 10 second NA pass. Hoping for February or March at Famoso.

Last edited:
What tune? Your trap speed is off by at least 3 mph.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back