New Ride...

azpyroguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to ease everyone.. no I did not trade/sell the 10... I would never do that...

But many of you know of my motorhome... and how I was planning on getting rid of it and moving "down" or "back" to a 5th wheel toyhauler....

Today... (Sunday)... I visited Avondale Dodge (Where Dragon works), and made a deal on a 2007 Ram 3500 Dually Diesel.

8 Foot bed, Quad Cab, Dually.
Inferno Red
6.7l Cummins, with Jake Brake
6 speed Auto, with Auto Stick.
Cloth Bucket Front Seats
Sirius Sat (only the REF Deck) - lower end one.. but it will work for now.
Power Everything
Big Horn Edition
and more...

Got it for a little more $36k, by the time it was all said and done, with Tax, Title, License, I financed a little over $40k.

I added the 60k warranty, GAP, and Maintenence Package to it.
The talked them into the better maintence package for cheaper price.

With that I get - oil changed every 3750 miles, tires rotated, and much more. Figured that was a good deal for only $500.00, as these things take 15 quarts of oil, and a tire rotation on dually typically costs $100, so I will make my money back quickly.

Then I also added for $279.00 the protection package, and what that gives me for the next 5 years is a wash, wax, buff, and paint protectant every 6 months.

I think that I got a great deal... thanks to Avondale Dodge!!

The sticker was $45k.

I know... :needpics:

I will take some Monday afternoon and post them....

Forget the pics, when are we going to start the mods!:D

Oh and we need to hit the dunes with that new 5th wheel:rock: :elefant:

wakeboard13 said:
congrats, is it 4x4

Nah.. just the 4x2, there were no 4x4 in 2007 model year available... I wanted the $4k rebate.. so this was the top model they had on the lot.

BurntRubber said:
Forget the pics, when are we going to start the mods!:D

Oh and we need to hit the dunes with that new 5th wheel:rock: :elefant:

As of right now the first trip is planned for Turkey Day and weekend, then the next one is planned for 1st part of December.

I wanted to go Halloween weekend.. but just not goona happen....

dont let them run delo 400 in that rig. make sure they use shell rotella.

Silverback said:
You can't beat a Cummins in the pickup market in my opinion.

Especially the new 6.7L.. I've driving all three (Cummins, Durmax, and Powerstroke)... for a long time I was a PowerStroke guy, but when I tested the 6.7 a few months back... I was won over... it feels the same stock as my modded powerstroke did.

When I brought it home, I got on to it a bit, and from a dig.. it lit up the duallys, and set me back in my seat hard... (not like the 10...), but definately got my attention.

I believe their is alot more there hidden that could be uncorked, but no mods for now...

I'm only going to add - Boost, EGT, and Trans Temp Gauges.

eddie102870 said:
dont let them run delo 400 in that rig. make sure they use shell rotella.

I am sure that with Patrick working at the dealership, he will make sure that they use the better stuff. You are correct shell rotella for turbo diesels is the better choice.

Nice purchase.....I love my truck, but I miss the pull of my old CTD :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back