New Tranny...

CrazyUSMarine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, just took my 10 by the dealership cause it was having a hell of a time shifting to 1st. Dealer said that the bands were burnt out and that the torque converter was trash. Gonna cost around $2500 for a rebuild from the dealership. Good price? Or take it somewhere else? Or any other options? Any help would be great guys...:dontknow:

Sounds like a Job for SUPER STINKER ;)......I believe the trans is complete with Torque converter and heay duty parts along with lifetime warrenty...

Eddie you had one in your Truck ---What did you think about it?

yep. what them guys said:rock::burnout::rock::burnout::rock::congrats:

the tranny was fine. they are having issues with the govenor solonoid like the rest of them other than that they are easy to deal with.

eddie102870 said:
the tranny was fine. they are having issues with the govenor solonoid like the rest of them other than that they are easy to deal with.

LMFAO! :D:D

It's got "issues"............................. And the governor solenoid is the least of it's problems.

I had my tranny rebuilt by the dealership. Had them install a few parts from HTS and I loved it.................... It's a good deal.

If the other trannies are as bad as the 2 I've had you'll spend alot of time and money putting it in and taking it out.LOL

crazy marine I am sure that a couple have sent you a couple of nice littel pms regarding the trannies that I have offered, and for those I apologize.

the tranny I offer is a good oem replacement in the right hands, there is three other transmission out there with over 35,000 miles on them and they have had not one problem.

now a couple have arrized as of late, one being Ikes, , the other labontes tranny, in which we have contacted the company directly with the area rep, it is taking a bit, but they are directly wworking on his tranny to find the exact problems, actually sending out a factory rep to check things out.

and todd has been more than gracious on the whole thing, and I really appreciate his patient:rock:
but I promised him, the problems would be taken care of.

now if you need a tranny that will handle 700+hp, talk to Ronnie, he has an awesome cure, and is one of the nicest guys I have had the chance to talk with :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

I haven't pm'd him yet............... but if I did you wouldn't have to apollize for me trying to help out a member.

"in the right hands"................ the two I've had were bad. One was bad when I bought the truck, recognized and stated by the former owner that it was bad and that it had done that since he bought it. To find that the second one was bad all I had to do was PUSH THE GAS THROUGH 3RD! LOL "In the right hands" JOKE LOL but thanks ;)

Again I'll send ANYONE TO YOU, for anything else but this transmission. I'm going to have it replaced again. If it doesn't fix I'll have it replaced and sell it to someone that will never ever full throttle their high performance truck. And I'll look elsewhere for a fix.

Put on there Eddies also............... as his was bad before I bought it.

So It's Eddies, Ike's, and Labontes.

Tony, do you want to buy back the new one when I swich transmissions? Give you a hell of a deal and at least a year left on warranty.

Chad is a nice guy to deal with, but HIS product is lacking.

I just had a lengthy conversation with HTS and he either knows his shit or is the best BS artist in the world.

I think I will give him a shot when I do my engine build and that way I will have a spare just in case.

So who should we go get a Tranny from. I am going to have to replace mine "again" first one was rebuilt by the dealer (took six weeks) since the whole country was out of the one part I needed. It is slipping again, so I need to get a new one. I do not have a lot to spend on the transmission. any suggestions?

bigike said:
I haven't pm'd him yet............... but if I did you wouldn't have to apollize for me trying to help out a member.

"in the right hands"................ the two I've had were bad. One was bad when I bought the truck, recognized and stated by the former owner that it was bad and that it had done that since he bought it. To find that the second one was bad all I had to do was PUSH THE GAS THROUGH 3RD! LOL "In the right hands" JOKE LOL but thanks ;)

Again I'll send ANYONE TO YOU, for anything else but this transmission. I'm going to have it replaced again. If it doesn't fix I'll have it replaced and sell it to someone that will never ever full throttle their high performance truck. And I'll look elsewhere for a fix.

Put on there Eddies also............... as his was bad before I bought it.

So It's Eddies, Ike's, and Labontes.

Tony, do you want to buy back the new one when I swich transmissions? Give you a hell of a deal and at least a year left on warranty.

Chad is a nice guy to deal with, but HIS product is lacking.
bite me dorkweed:p I wasnt refering to you, now jump off the stool shorty:D

There are two transmissions for 3000 bucks.

One has a three year unlimited HP warranty, but states its NOT a performance transmission.

One has a tranny with no warranty (I THINK), and when you ask about 700 HP..................He laughs at the challenge. No one has tried the second and only one person has had problems/balls enough to confront the problems with the second one..........

;););););););););)

Stinker said:
bite me dorkweed:p I wasnt refering to you, now jump off the stool shorty:D

Well damn I thought I was the only one that conveyed problems:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: opppps :)

I've got to remember that the world don't revole around me. LOL

Hey I'm 6'3" 285# of pure hate:p :p :p :p :p :p :p ;) :D

sgt_bo said:
So who should we go get a Tranny from. I am going to have to replace mine "again" first one was rebuilt by the dealer (took six weeks) since the whole country was out of the one part I needed. It is slipping again, so I need to get a new one. I do not have a lot to spend on the transmission. any suggestions?

To do it right you are looking at 2k+ from anyone. I am going for the works 5K+, and hopefully be done with it.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back