New user/member

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgtjc03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Greetings all, and after lurking for a while to get up to speed on a few things, I am now a member. 2005 SRT10 QC, bought it one year ago, plenty of miles (appears to be a daily driver for the previous owner) and I have done only a couple of mods and am ready for a few more. Glad for all the info you all have provided. And to all you active duty service members, and former duty services members, thanks for your service. (Especially you Marines - Semper Fi)

sgtjc03

Red. Very happy so far. Great condition inside, dings and small scratches outside, wheels and tires replaced by previous owner with 20's, but hey, if it was perfect, I'd have nothing to "invest" in. Last summer, a quick visit to the dealer let me know that the Viper Tech was happy with the engine and the services done. Will post pic later. Be well, and thanks.

sgtjc03

Thanks for the welcome. I put a Volant CAI on it - kinda wish I had read up a little more on CAI's, but I may modify it to re-route the air from the hood scoop, and instead bring it in through the grill. Thoughts? I also installed Magnaflow cat back exhaust. Loving the sound under WOT. As soon as I get the all clear from the Viper tech regarding services being up to date and the engine being strong, I have thought about an aftermarket throttle body and headers with high flow cats, and then an SCT tuner. Brakes will come shortly after. Fixing up the cosmetic dings and scratches along the way also.

If you remove your rear cats you will really love your magnaflows I did mine and I love it

You figure I should just do that right now, regardless, rather than wait to install the headers and hi flow cats? I'm really learning a lot by reading these forums. I don't want a super bad ass high-horsepower machine - but then again I don't really want 30-round capacity magazines either :)
Be well and thanks to all for the input

sgtjc03

Yeah, loving the 500 HP right now. I want a little boost, but not go higher than around 540-550 or so. Just thinking about stress on the engine, but I hope with regular service and decent driving, I will have this truck for a lot of years.

Welcome to the VTCOA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back