New viper coils

If I could get Torrie up here and finish the tune before Oct 1 I could get your dyno and 2 track runs...Bristol has their final street car races Oct 2 and Oct 4...

Stinker said:
thats another thing I guess I need you to check if you will, the coils are in, no use in posting a pic , they look identical to the factory ones

no prob.

done started checkin. :rock: hopin the Gen I & II will work.

now to find the photos, lol.:marchmellow:

Carl has the coils installed, says they give a smoother idle, and better throttle response so far guys:rock: :rock:

I doubt there will be much if any difference on the dyno, but so far the seat of the pants feel is very good:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

I might have enough clearance under my intake to swap those w/o pulling it.

Might as well put me on the list. Gonna need plenty of fire power w/ a bunch of water/meth at full boost.:D

I wanna test them as I am about to remove my intake to paint and replace plugs and wires so might as well do the coils!:burnout:

put me on the list. i just got paid from the government's new fiscal year funds:D

got it fellas, i think Carl was putting it on the dyno today or tommorrow, i dont expect much off a dyno , but maybe he will chime in after work and be able to update us a little mmore

still havent gotten the price yet:confused:

its pretty funny thru emails tho, i keep asking for a price, he keeps asking how they work LOOLOLOL I know you would have to be there:p

howdy yous guys

yep the coils be installed, base line dyno done:( , like A.R.T. numbers way better:burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: , lol & plugs regapped.

to date, she starts better, throttle responce is better, more grant on the road & a smoothness to her.

one thing for dam sure, ya know when she hits the power band :rock: :congrats: :rock:

probably Monday or Tuesday on the after dyno. sort of feel like Stinker & Taylor @ Dallas Performance on the dyno numbers. it feels like the new coils smooth out the power more than anything & keeps firin at least the same all through the r.p.m.'s.

does anyone know if it will help the A/F numbers. runnin 14.84, 15.46 & 14.64. the first 2 numbers are the first 2 pulls right off the way there & the 3rd is after bout an hour cool down????
will start the m.p.g. check tomorrow.

ZCx said:
howdy yous guys

yep the coils be installed, base line dyno done:( , like A.R.T. numbers way better:burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: , lol & plugs regapped.

to date, she starts better, throttle responce is better, more grant on the road & a smoothness to her.

one thing for dam sure, ya know when she hits the power band :rock: :congrats: :rock:

probably Monday or Tuesday on the after dyno. sort of feel like Stinker & Taylor @ Dallas Performance on the dyno numbers. it feels like the new coils smooth out the power more than anything & keeps firin at least the same all through the r.p.m.'s.

does anyone know if it will help the A/F numbers. runnin 14.84, 15.46 & 14.64. the first 2 numbers are the first 2 pulls right off the way there & the 3rd is after bout an hour cool down????

post up that dyno sheet ,,,,really want to see it :D

ZCx said:
howdy yous guys

Wow!!...you need something done right away...14 A/F = BOOM!!

Ironhead said:
post up that dyno sheet ,,,,really want to see it :D

hope its readable:rock: :burnout:

Attachments

• 100_0397.jpg
    100_0397.jpg
    949.6 KB · Views: 83
TNVIPER said:
Wow!!...you need something done right away...14 A/F = BOOM!!

that was with a tailpipe sniffer, on a N/A engine. Justin's CAI, Belanger header & cat-mids & powersick mufflers

plugs showed bout right

man your good to go dude they just have it set to trip wrong on your a/f your right at 12.5 to 13 on wot i see no problem ,,i also like how it pulls right to 6 gr ,,,mine seems to peter down around 5.5 to 5.75 ,,,do you have a before dyno sheet,,,the tail pipe sniff is not the best thats why you got some bit of lag time before it registars ,,,you a/f at idle is around high 14 to 15s as is mine once you got to wot you drop down to were it looks good ,,i see no problem ,,,i would like to see a before dyno with same set up but no stink coils then with stink coils

Last edited:
ZCx said:
that was with a tailpipe sniffer, on a N/A engine. Justin's CAI, Belanger header & cat-mids & powersick mufflers

plugs showed bout right

Yeah, you are fine...the higher RPMs are below 13...good for N/A..

Ironhead said:
man your good to go dude they just have it set to trip wrong on your a/f your right at 12.5 to 13 on wot i see no problem ,,i also like whow it pulls right to 6 gr ,,,mine seems to peter down around 5.5 to 5.75 ,,,do you have a before dyno sheet

that is the before runs.

shootin for Monday or Tuesday for the after run:burnout: :burnout:

thanks ya'll:congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Last edited:
Back