New Viper hauler

vpr hler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Decided to haul the Viper from Naples Florida to Ottawa Canada. Hooked the SRT10 Ram ready to go. Realized that since it's been lowered had to get custom airbags to keep from bottoming out. Well, since I only had 2 days to leave that was not an option . So got the 2nd tow vehicle ready . Worked out great. Got an average of 13 mpg hauling 5400 lbs. I think I would have gotten about 6 mpg with the 10. Made it home in 32 hours of actual driving. A few stops along the way. Got home and the forecast is for freezing rain and partial snow.
WTF !!!. Now i have to wait a couple of days before I get to drive the car. Might as well have her take a nice detail job.

Attachments

• Viper tow vehicle.jpg
    Viper tow vehicle.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 241
  • Van w: Viper at Biltmore.jpg
    Van w: Viper at Biltmore.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 327
  • 4 mpg up hill.jpg
    4 mpg up hill.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 193
  • 99 mpg down hill.jpg
    99 mpg down hill.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 189
  • 1800 mpg.jpg
    1800 mpg.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 291
  • Fill up before entering Canada.jpg
    Fill up before entering Canada.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 211
  • SRT 10 RAM w: SRT 10.jpg
    SRT 10 RAM w: SRT 10.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 4,722
thats awsome:rock:

im guna say i like the last pic te best, thats alot horsepower in one pic.

the guy i bout my QC from used to haul his 1000+hp firebird to the track with the 10. said he got a few looks along the way. BTW they were both silver

damn...the biltmore is only 40 mins. from me...

i would have bought you a drink!

I should have posted earlier about our travel. We just happened to stop in at the last minute. That area is beautiful, next time we are near there I will let you know so we can get a drink. Thanks for the offer.

So I'm trying to understand the sequence of the pictures you displayed.. Are you saying your yellow RAM 10 QC felt tired like an Astro Van? Then after you pumped some more fuel into her :dontknow:she felt like herself again? Because that would be a creative way to tell that story.:D

So I'm trying to understand the sequence of the pictures you displayed.. Are you saying your yellow RAM 10 QC felt tired like an Astro Van? Then after you pumped some more fuel into her :dontknow:she felt like herself again? Because that would be a creative way to tell that story.:D

I wish it was so. I originally wanted to use the SRT10 Ram to pull the Viper, hence the "VPR HLER " name. But because I lowered it,it was going to bottom out. Had to either drive the Viper 1800 miles or use the 2nd work vehicle. Put in air bags in the Astro and drove well. Only issues were the uphill highway climbs and some braking.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back