Newbie here, with lots of questions

I'll take a look at the 2/3 kit, I did not know the Bassani's were no longer made and the Belanger Long tubes seem kind of "pricey" for a set of headers.

Everything for these trucks is "pricey" we call it the viper tax

Our home page has all the suppliers that you will ever need for your new toy. Remember, buy, spend & purchase is the 10 motto. Hope you have deep pockets. Enjoy your 10.

Everything for these trucks is "pricey" we call it the viper tax
I'm just figuring that out now, but it can't be much worse than my Corvette was, they (GM) doubled the price of everything made for the Corvette when the identical part, if purchased under a P/N for another model like Impla or GMC truck, was 50% to 70% cheaper. Kind of like they were saying "if you can afford a Corvette, then we're gonna screw you to the wall on parts prices!!" I hope it's not that bad on the SRT-10!

No specific reason for the "shorties" over long tubes except they require less exhaust mods and bolt to existing system, plus I'm not looking for much HP improvement but really just "bling" for the engine compartment and sound. I also ordered a Magnaflow cat back system as well and I'm hoping this combo will give the sound I want without messing with the midpipes, cat converters and 02 sensors.
I've read somewhere, a few complaints about Gibson "shortie" headers melting the plastic inner fender well liners on SRT-10's a in short time after installation but couldn't find any threads on the subject. Has anyone experienced a similar problem?? If so, what was the fix?? Trim the liners? remove them? add Heat Shield material?? I haven't installed the Gibson's yet, long lead time I'm told, but I want to have a possible fix ready up front for when they do arrive. I'm leaning toward some of this heat shield fabric or film applied to the liners where they come close to the headers since some say they are good up to 2000 deg. Any Suggestions?? I just don't want to remove so much of the inner fender well lining that I start getting water splash and road dirt into the engine compartment which I'm afraid might happen if too much trimming is necessary.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back