Newbie here, with lots of questions

zoomie396

Reaction score
OK, I just bought a Black 06 reg cab with just under 4000 miles on it so it's really still almost new but it's BIG and TALL and QUIET and I want it to be LOW and LOUD, well maybe not too loud but with at least an audible growl.

Problem is it looks like 06's are the "Step Child" of the SRT10's, there seems to be lots of stuff for the 04's and 05's but little to choose from for the 06's.

I'm looking specifically for a lowering kit and all I have managed to find for the 06 are 1" front and 2" rear drop kits. Now if I'm going to spend the money for an all around drop kit I sure as hell want it to be more than a 1" and 2" drop!! If that's all I can drop the 06 I'll just leave it stock and save the money and hassle of an installation. I'm not looking to "slam" the thing but I'd like to have 2 or 3 inches down in front and 4 to 5 inches in back to level the factory "rake" which is very high in the rear particularly.

Second I want some headers for "bling" and better sound primarily as the beast seems to have more power than I need anyway, but again, the two "shortie" headers Bassani and Gibson that I have found say they will fit the 04 &05 but not the 06, is that true?, or will the 04 and 05 headers actually fit the 06 SRT-10???

So I'm asking for advice and counsel if anyone knows of a lowering kit with a drop of greater than 1" & 2" that works on an 06 SRT or a set of shorties that will fit it as well without modifications or interference under the hood, I'd really appreciate it if you would give me the manufacturers name and P/N's for them.

sorry for the long winded post!!
Zoomie396

Welcome to the VTCoA!

We'll we have you covered in lowering and headers/exhaust. Bassanis are no longer made. Belanger longtubes are the way to go. Lowering we have a 2/3 that's perfect :driver:

OK, I just bought a Black 06 reg cab with just under 4000 miles on it so it's really still almost new but it's BIG and TALL and QUIET and I want it to be LOW and LOUD, well maybe not too loud but with at least an audible growl.

Problem is it looks like 06's are the "Step Child" of the SRT10's, there seems to be lots of stuff for the 04's and 05's but little to choose from for the 06's.

I'm looking specifically for a lowering kit and all I have managed to find for the 06 are 1" front and 2" rear drop kits. Now if I'm going to spend the money for an all around drop kit I sure as hell want it to be more than a 1" and 2" drop!! If that's all I can drop the 06 I'll just leave it stock and save the money and hassle of an installation. I'm not looking to "slam" the thing but I'd like to have 2 or 3 inches down in front and 4 to 5 inches in back to level the factory "rake" which is very high in the rear particularly.

Second I want some headers for "bling" and better sound primarily as the beast seems to have more power than I need anyway, but again, the two "shortie" headers Bassani and Gibson that I have found say they will fit the 04 &05 but not the 06, is that true?, or will the 04 and 05 headers actually fit the 06 SRT-10???

So I'm asking for advice and counsel if anyone knows of a lowering kit with a drop of greater than 1" & 2" that works on an 06 SRT or a set of shorties that will fit it as well without modifications or interference under the hood, I'd really appreciate it if you would give me the manufacturers name and P/N's for them.

sorry for the long winded post!!
Zoomie396

There is a guy on the srt10 facebook site selling a set of Mopar headers for $1250.00 they look brand new.

Welcome from wa. Is there a specific reason why you want shorty headers vs long?
No specific reason for the "shorties" over long tubes except they require less exhaust mods and bolt to existing system, plus I'm not looking for much HP improvement but really just "bling" for the engine compartment and sound. I also ordered a Magnaflow cat back system as well and I'm hoping this combo will give the sound I want without messing with the midpipes, cat converters and 02 sensors.

We'll we have you covered in lowering and headers/exhaust. Bassanis are no longer made. Belanger longtubes are the way to go. Lowering we have a 2/3 that's perfect :driver:
I'll take a look at the 2/3 kit, I did not know the Bassani's were no longer made and the Belanger Long tubes seem kind of "pricey" for a set of headers.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back