Nitrous Bottle Mount????

I wonder why they make bottle heaters??? Lol

To increase the pressure in the bottle.

Do u also wonder why they make purg kits . To purge all the warm no2 from the lines ?

Any no2 company will tell you that you can gain .1 in the 1\4 on average by spraying cold no2 vs warm.

But you already knew that. Lol. Gotta love all the geniuses on here.

I didn't realize this all of a sudden turned into a **** measuring contest...

When you first turn the bottle on there will be an air lock between the liquid nitrous and the solenoid. That is the primary function of purging. You want to get rid of that airlock and have the right pressure in relation to the fuel you are adding so the car will launch the same each time. Without purging, the car will leave soft because the fuel goes in first and the liquid nitrous has to play catchup. Of course there may be a time or two that you may want it to happen this way due to traction problems, but the bottom line in drag racing is to put as much horsepower as possible to the ground as soon as you can.

I didn't realize this all of a sudden turned into a **** measuring contest...

Its not smarta$$ ,its just Chris has had that nos setup for way over a year or more and has never hit it ,,he only hits the purge lol, thats why I give him the biiz about it ,,and my pecker is bigger but that is not the issue as of right now lol :D

Its not smarta$$ ,its just Chris has had that nos setup for way over a year or more and has never hit it ,,he only hits the purge lol, thats why I give him the biiz about it ,,and my pecker is bigger but that is not the issue as of right now lol :D

It wasn't directed towards you.... I actually quite enjoy your posts.

Don't be confused, I'm still a smart ass, just not towards you in this case. :D

Exactly. Because air magically gets into your lines between runs. Yep that's exactly what the purge kit is for. Lol.

Not any voodoo magic at all bro. Ok look at it like this, and happens each and every bottle swap! You plumb all your lines, make sure everything looks sweet, the you finally attach your precious bottle of N2O. Your valve is still closed since you haven't had balls to hit the switch.

What's in you N2O feed line from bottle to solenoid? Air!!!! Not N2O.....AIR!

Two ways of getting that air out.

1. (most preferred and didn't always exist back in the day) PURGE SOLENOID!
With this solenoid, you "bleed" the air from the N2O line until you see a solid plume of nitrous condensing in the air. Now, at the line, your N2O is at the solenoid and ready to hit the nozzle as soon as engaged.

2. No bleed (old school) you won't get an instant hit ever since the N2O will have to catch up from expelling the air from lines first. Many would spray during tire burnout to have system ready for starting line. This " old skool" way also can cause tragic backfires due to N2O/fuel puddling in intake. I've personally seen dozens of newer plastic manifolds trashed and aluminum intakes broken into pieces from backfires.

Purging is effective, safer, and will produce consistency using the spray.:burnout:

When you remove your bottle thats empty and ready for swap with a new bottle, you've just let atmospheric pressure put more air back on your lines that needs to be purged again ;)

Last edited:
Any no2 company will tell you that you can gain .1 in the 1\4 on average by spraying cold no2 vs warm.

But you already knew that. Lol. Gotta love all the geniuses on here.

I'm not sure if I misunderstood your comment or not but the idea of a tank heater is for consistant tank pressure. Example: you go to an all day event with a full bottle. During the middle of the day with your tank full your pressures are high. As you make each run and use NO2 you lose pressure in the tank. As the day goes by and the temperature changes from 90 degrees to 70 degrees your bottle loses more pressure. A tank heater is used to keep pressure constant regardless of the outside temperature or the amount of NO2 in the tank. Consistant temperatures equal consistant NO2 pressure equals consistant hp/times. I don't know why a NO2 company would tell you that you can gain hp with cold spray since a cold bottle would equate to less pressure. The NO2 is coming out of the tank at minus 125 degree (if the tank is under pressure) regardless what temperature the tank is. The real factor is the pressure and how MUCH NO2 you can get into the engine.

lol I use it, just not in PCB. Thats just to far from my house if something goes bad.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back