Nitrous on a basicly stock srt-10

Dustin1515

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok guys i was looking at the jmb custom n20 kit for my srt-10 im basicly stock have a sct tuned by roe, volant cai, cat back exhaust, 172 thermostat, and i think thats basicly it ive herd that a 150 shot is safe on this motor but my real question is how safe and is the jmb kit a good kit to go with or are there others out there that are better. Id like as much input as you guys can give me id like to research this as good as possible before i actually go ahead and do it

i researched alot of kits & justin's is the best/most expensive........ he's very helpful in answering all the q's i had on nitrous........ i plan to use his when i get around to putting it on my "10". :)

also guys does anyone know someone who tunes theses trucks well in or around north new jersey?

Heres my setup, Justin built it.

IMG_5823-1.jpg

I have been looking for a good place in nj for a while can't seem to find anything around here though. But 2 guys on here took thier trucks too Modern Performance and were really happy with everything. I know the one guy sold his truck on here he had a custom twin turbo set up. And the other was Serpent send him a pm on here, maybe he can give you some more info on the place.

Here is the info for it though

Modern Performance
72 Oceanport Ave.
West Long Branch , NJ 07764
732-222-3679

I'm sure you won't have any problems with Justins set up,he uses it himself! Very well made and looks killer when he is done!

BadCompany9119 said:
I have been looking for a good place in nj for a while can't seem to find anything around here though. But 2 guys on here took thier trucks too Modern Performance and were really happy with everything. I know the one guy sold his truck on here he had a custom twin turbo set up. And the other was Serpent send him a pm on here, maybe he can give you some more info on the place.

Here is the info for it though

Modern Performance
72 Oceanport Ave.
West Long Branch , NJ 07764
732-222-3679

Call Nick at Modern Performance. He's currently rebuilding BMako's twin turbo and has been a standup guy for me. Has built and raced Vipers and SRT 10's for as long as they have been made. Good tuner both on the dyno and road tune.

These engines love nitrous. Justins is definately the best way to go. Tried and true no guesswork or surprises.
You need the complete setup don't try any shortcuts....

What do u mean by the compleet set up? I have an sct tuner already do I have to get the vec3 or can I live with out that I don't mind getting everything else just don't think the vec3 is necessary

Thanks for the props guys, Dustin I cleared my PM box or you can call me at 314-540-1541
Thanks
Justin

Your going to want to research the system that I have, Im sure jbm can supply the parts but you will want to spray the propane vs 98 octain for the fuel.. 140octain and it flows as a gas vs a liquid, that way there is no starvation to the back cyl's and the angle of the intake and ports do not matter,, much much much safer than normal set up..

By complete set he means not just a nitrous kit alone but purchase a window switch or a progressive controller. I just bought a nitrous kit and I plan to go the progressive controller route for added safety. Justin's kit is really nice and take a look at the hp and especially torque numbers on his stock motor. I wrote in another nitrous post about the sick torque numbers you get from using nitrous. I recall one comment on that post was that a quick look at the fastest time slips will show a good precentage of guys who use nitrous. 150 shot is what I plan to use as well. Make sure you talk to Justin about all the add on safety items to get in addition to the nitrous kit ie. colder spark plugs, window switch or progressive controller, bottle heater, purge kit, and most important is a good tune. With your SCT you can probably have a NA tune, a Nitrous tune (retard the timing), and a race fuel nitrous tune. I believe Justin runs a 25 dry shot followed by a 125 wet shot on a stock motor, drag radials, traction kit, and put up 11.30 in the 1/4 mile. That just blows my mind and is a tribute to the kind of torque that nitrous produces which is exactly what this heavy beast needs to get moving. Obviously, I'm a big nitrous fan especially when cost is factored in. Good luck. Call Justin.

I need a graphic or computer artist to do a mock up for me.....

I need a picture of either a free ticket or invitation to The Kablooey Club.

It would say "admit one" or "certified member with all rights and privileges" ... stuff like that.

The purpose would be so's I can flash it whenever I believe that someone (in my opinion) is entering into an area that could potentially result in the destruction or detonation of a stock (non forged) bottom end.....

Get creative with the idea........ Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

I don't know dick about that kinda stuff on a computer....

D

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back