Nitrous Question?

HISS...where are you getting the truck dynoed?...ive' been meaning to get mine done too.what dealership do you work at?

AWDisuzu said:
your run with spray video just shows you getting creamed. and no time?
That was at a test n tune night not a race:D

SANCHOBA said:
HISS...where are you getting the truck dynoed?...ive' been meaning to get mine done too.what dealership do you work at?

Dougs Dyno in Callallen off Sharpsburg. We have rented the dyno for the entire day, a bunch of us off ccstreetscene are going. 40 bux for 3 pulls if your interested LMK. It will be 50 bux the day of the dyno, 7-17-08. I'll PM you my number. I work at Champion Toyota.

An engine builder once told me that a 100 shot on these engines is on 10 hp per cylinder, not that much of a jump when the load is spread amongst 10 cylinders. Just got to make sure you've got the fuel and timing down.

Updated

Well dyno day was rained out, we got like 3.5 inches of rain here. I did get a chance to spray the truck with the 100 shot pills in it. It seemed to bog...which is new to me, every nitroused vehicle I have owned has came on instantly. Once the nitrous did hit the truck was losing traction in fourth gear, and my ass was puckered. I'm thinking it bogged a little because the nitrous pressure was around 850 psi, a little low for my liking, however I need to put this thing on a dyno(and Wideband) just to make sure its not losing fuel pressure when the solenoid opens.:dontknow:

A bog normally means to much fuel, if it puddles in the intake your get a Nitrous backfire that blows apart the intake, I have seen quite a few pictures of our trucks doing this...

BigRed460 said:
A bog normally means to much fuel, if it puddles in the intake your get a Nitrous backfire that blows apart the intake, I have seen quite a few pictures of our trucks doing this...

Talked to Cold Fusion Nitrous this morning, they told me low bottle pressure can cause this, but it only bogged on initial hit, I sparyed in 2nd third and fourth and had no hesitation. Its got me a little puzzled.

FATJACK said:
Did you get your Nitrous working right??
Seems to be, more bottle pressure, and I just took the nozzles out of the intake tube and installed them in the upper intake. Its very similar to JMB Justins setup, and of course thats where the inspiration came from. I will see how it works when its all reinstalled.

FerrariTruck said:
You need a bottle Warmer!! I would never spray with pressure that low..At the very min 925... I know this is hard to believe but you can do more damage with system on the rich side then a tad lean....

The 850 you had will make it bog...

Read this link, I'm actually thinking of taking this class

http://www.smotherssupercars.com/nitrousclass.html
Good read!

HISS said:
Talked to Cold Fusion Nitrous this morning, they told me low bottle pressure can cause this, but it only bogged on initial hit, I sparyed in 2nd third and fourth and had no hesitation. Its got me a little puzzled.
You did not purge enough, I did that a couple times before I figured out wtf.:p

I have the same system and am very happy with it. It took a while to get the WOT/Window switch to work right but once we got it right it ROCKS!!!

Well Ill be You mean nitrous is supposed to come out of the purge???:dontknow::D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back