Nitrous Question?

BigRed460 said:
I sprayed my hemi for two years with no problem(a 175 shot), but if you get on the hemi forums most people aren't blowing up. The same can't be said for here... Blown motor club

What causes our motors to blow (sometimes)? Improper use or installation or just inherent to the engine itself? :confused: With the hp potential and relatively low cost, I'm really thinking of getting on the juice :D

I think people are blowing up due to poor tuning. these motors take a LOT of fuel.

riley6 said:
What causes our motors to blow (sometimes)? Improper use or installation or just inherent to the engine itself? :confused: With the hp potential and relatively low cost, I'm really thinking of getting on the juice :D
Everyone keeps pointing fingers at tune or install, but I really don't think these motors can handle much more than stock power... in several srt chat sessions it has been said that the pistons and rods are weak...

BigRed460 said:
Everyone keeps pointing fingers at tune or install, but I really don't think these motors can handle much more than stock power... in several srt chat sessions it has been said that the pistons and rods are weak...

Is mileage a factor? Mine only has 9500 mi.

What is a reasonable install price? Guy quoted me $1500-1600 complete, for 100-150 hp.

riley6 said:
What is a reasonable install price? Guy quoted me $1500-1600 complete, for 100-150 hp.

My kit with purge shipped was 700.00. I normally due stuff my self but since I work for a dealership, I dont have much free time. I got a guy I work with to install it for 150.00.

HISS said:
My kit with purge shipped was 700.00. I normally due stuff my self but since I work for a dealership, I dont have much free time. I got a guy I work with to install it for 150.00.

He said it would include accessories like window switch, WOT goods, labor, tune etc. Sound reasonable?

This may be a silly question, but is there a NOS setup you can use on a road course or can't use it period in this situation?

for road racing you can only use it in short spirts(straight aways) and small doses(50-75 shot). A beefy cooling system is needed. Just check your class before and see if they allow it.

dnz28 said:
for road racing you can only use it in short spirts(straight aways) and small doses(50-75 shot). A beefy cooling system is needed. Just check your class before and see if they allow it.

Thanks. I will just be doing open track for now, so I want to be able to hang with the quick cars. Do you think $1500 is a good complete system install price?

what type of system? might be a good price depending on the system

AWDisuzu said:
I had no issues with my nitrous kit on my qc. I ran a zex 175 shot with a stage2. at the track I'd add some race gas to be safe but I used the NOS on the street with 91 quite often.

good luck!

And here is the run he did on the 175 shot:

FamosaNov17th07018b.jpg

Do Not hot lap your runs using N2O without 2 degree colder plugs. We have had a few members explode their airbox due to backfires.

The piston ring lands are so close to the dome of the piston that any detonation may result in cracks between the top ring land and the dome. This has been documented on several occasions.

I would highly recommend forging the block before using N2O.

Hope this helps.

Brad

riley6 said:
I believe it would be a NEX wet system.

NX(nitrous express) is a easy system to install if your in houston buy the kit and ill help you install it for free. if your not in the area i give you instructions over the net.:) for that 1400 buck is a little high, unless he is hard lining from noids to nozzle which takes a little more effort i would lool around some more.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back