Nitto 420s vs Continental Conti Cross contact?

John02SS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm ordering a new set to tires Tomorrow in 305/45/22 and I'm torn between the Nitto's adn the Continental. The Nitto's aren't speed rated as high, but how often do we get to cruise over 130. I want the tire with the best DRY traction and ride qaulity. What yall think?

Betty Boop said:
I am very happy with the Nitto 420's but no experience with the Conti's.
Hi Betty, Good to see you hanging out with us. Are you Viper Girl?:D

I bought the 420s' for the tread wear life,and so far they are doing fine by me !!!:rock:

1 vote for Cross-Contact Continental UHPs here. I love mine. Made and designed in Germany where driving is a way of life and a passion, not a means for A to B. I think the consensus is anything is an improvement over the stock Pirelli tires. 2c

Betty Boop said:
Please no apologies, from what I have seen most anybody could be ViperGirl.
it's dom on weekends...

oh, and about the tires...

conti's by far...:rock: for me it wasn't a question of IF i go 139 (or whatever number) but WHEN the opportunity arises, i want to be prepared at all times...:D but they handle great wet or dry...IMO

I have the Conti's. "Z" rated, much better ride over the stockers, and extremely good dry traction.

I have the Conti's...No experience with the other rubber your referring to..I have not found anything negative about this tire and it is also Z rated. As far as wet traction I have only been caught in the rain once in the truck and the tires seem to handle very well, considering the horsepower on take off's. Good luck with your purchase.

I just picked up a set of Nexen for 550.00 shipped. v speed rated 149mph, and 117 load index for heavier vehicles. I'll let Ya know how I like em when I get em on.

I have the Conti's also. Got them from TireRack for $600 and change. On for a couple of months and seem good so far. Wet traction is great compared to the Pirellis and they bite better in the dry. Ride is also better, no darting around everytime you hit a bump. Can't comment on the Nittos because I never had them but I like the way Conti's look on the truck. Like someone said earlier anything is better than the stockers a set of Sears Road Handlers would probably be an improvement:D

Or perhaps these over the Pirellis. Look, set comes with a spare and a complementary Snuggie, in case you get stuck somewhere cold:argh:
j0314134_190135200_std.jpgSnuggie.jpg

Last edited:
i have the conti"s:rock:
in the uk were are roads are sh:mad: te
they do seem to grab really good
they are alot better than the pirellis
only drive when the sun is shinning so could not comment in the wet

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back