NO TIRES FOR OUR TRUCKS?

BigRed460

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I desperately need two "z" rated tires 305/40/r22. Anyone know where I can find two instock? The I leave for the Texas Mile on Thursday.

I have tried tire rack, discount tire warehouse, NTB, and Discount tire. I was promised some by today but now they are saying next week.

Pirelli is the only brand being made that's speed rated correctly for me.

..................................or what other tires will fit?

Last edited:
I desperately need two "z" rated tires 305/40/r22. Anyone know where I can find two instock? The I leave for the Texas Mile on Thursday.

I have tried tire rack, discount tire warehouse, NTB, and Discount tire. I was promised some by today but now they are saying next week.

Pirelli is the only brand being made that's speed rated correctly for me.

..................................or what other tires will fit?

None if you want Z rated tires. Pirelli is ironically the only one who makes any above that speed. There are 3 at the V rated speed which is up to 149.

You have Kumho, General, and Yokahoma. I have a new set of Pirelli's on my truck and I think they are god awful. I cant wait to get rid of these things Im only dealing with them since I didnt pay for them.

I run Toyo Proxes ST2's.....love them...not sure of rating tho....good luck

Yea the Pirellis suck, but they are the only option. I have to convince them to let me run those, my tech speed is 180. I ran the bfg's but they aren't made anymore. I cut two tires about two weeks ago, and now in screwed lol

None if you want Z rated tires. Pirelli is ironically the only one who makes any above that speed. There are 3 at the V rated speed which is up to 149.

You have Kumho, General, and Yokahoma. I have a new set of Pirelli's on my truck and I think they are god awful. I cant wait to get rid of these things Im only dealing with them since I didnt pay for them.

Viperhauler would gladly take them off your hands, he is a Pirelli nutswinger among other things. :D

The reason good tires like the BFG's don't exist anymore is because of all the guys that are too cheap to buy quality tires. It suppresses better companies/tires sales to the point where they have no choice but to discontinue them. In-turn, none of us get quality tires. BUNCH OF CHEAP PRICKS! :D

Bridgestone Dueler Alenza has a W rated version.

Last edited:
I will gladly take the Pirelli's off your hands of you don't want them.

Those that think that they suck have never compared them back to back on a track.

Any high speed runs on any non Z rated tires in my experience cause the truck to sway...

I've run Continentals and Pirelli's and both perform exceptionally well for high speed and road course applications...

That being said, our only option is the Pirelli's and eBay is your best bet.

I will gladly take the Pirelli's off your hands of you don't want them.

Those that think that they suck have never compared them back to back on a track.

Any high speed runs on any non Z rated tires in my experience cause the truck to sway...

I've run Continentals and Pirelli's and both perform exceptionally well for high speed and road course applications...

That being said, our only option is the Pirelli's and eBay is your best bet.

I dont doubt there high speed and track performance. I believe it, Ive had my truck up to 135 and they were great, ive done some fast evasive lane changes in the 80 mph range and they were stable.

However, my gripe with them is the fact that mine came in out of round and the replacement they sent were out of round. So I gave up and had to have them index the tires and it has helped some but I still get vibration on my normal hwy speed of 80. Im hoping as they wear down it will even out but I dont drive the truck enough so it will likely be a while. That is my main issue with the tires.

As I didnt pay for them im dealing with it, I dont think they should be $300 a piece though.

I dont doubt there high speed and track performance. I believe it, Ive had my truck up to 135 and they were great, ive done some fast evasive lane changes in the 80 mph range and they were stable.

However, my gripe with them is the fact that mine came in out of round and the replacement they sent were out of round. So I gave up and had to have them index the tires and it has helped some but I still get vibration on my normal hwy speed of 80. Im hoping as they wear down it will even out but I dont drive the truck enough so it will likely be a while. That is my main issue with the tires.

As I didnt pay for them im dealing with it, I dont think they should be $300 a piece though.

Your going to laugh but don't park your tuck and that wont happen. They "flat spot" easy when parked even for a week, the bfg's do the same. I just park it on jack stands.

Yes those are them, no the others wont work. They have to be z speed rated for me to make it through tech. They also look at the date codes on the tire, at 180+ and 5200lbs I get double inspected at tech every time I go.

I go two being overnight via ebay. Even with the overnight they wont be here till Friday morning, and I was planning on leaving Thursday so I will have to change my plans some.

Pirelli says that this tire may be discontinued soon. If that's the case land speed racing in this truck will be over.

Last edited:
Yes those are them, no the others wont work. They have to be z speed rated for me to make it through tech.

I go two being overnight via ebay. Even with the overnight they wont be here till Friday morning, and I was planning on leaving Thursday so I will have to change my plans some.
I'm glad you found some in time (basically). That would be a huge let down if not. So I take it you don't want white and yellow sidewall tires?

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

Have them tech you at whatever tire limit you can get. If you go over the limits all they will do is ask you to leave.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back