NO TIRES FOR OUR TRUCKS?

Have them tech you at whatever tire limit you can get. If you go over the limits all they will do is ask you to leave.

They know me way to well, and I drive other cars at this event. I don't want to be on the naughty list

...and there is a 100% chance of rain for Friday so I don't think ill miss much racing.

Your going to laugh but don't park your tuck and that wont happen. They "flat spot" easy when parked even for a week, the bfg's do the same. I just park it on jack stands.

I have to agree with him... although I agree with you too. Pirelli's had manufactured quite a bit of our tires out of round. I had bought a full set brand new and my truck developed a slight wobble. I had chased around the whole truck trying to find it. I really thought I had a bent rim and come to find out Pirelli had a bunch of these that were produced that way. Kind of funny that I just had this conversation while cuddling with Andy three days ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to agree with him... although I agree with you too. Pirelli's had manufactured quite a bit of our tires out of round. I had bought a full set brand new and my truck developed a slight wobble. I had chased around the whole truck trying to find it. I really thought I had a bent rim and come to find out Pirelli had a bunch of these that were produced that way. Kind of funny that I just had this conversation while cuddling with Andy three days ago.

Thanks for sharing that heartwarming story. :D

I cant speak for the US but in Europe we have several tires which are able to handle that speed.

Pirelli with W or Y rating
Continental with Y rating
Yokohama with W rating
Dunlop with Y rating

Have you thought about going to a 305-35-22 in a Vredestein? They are a z rated tire, just slightly smaller diameter

Have you thought about going to a 305-35-22 in a Vredestein? They are a z rated tire, just slightly smaller diameter
I only found those today when I was looking for any tire that would fit. There are none instock that I can find. I like the idea that they would lower the front of the truck.

I cant speak for the US but in Europe we have several tires which are able to handle that speed.

Pirelli with W or Y rating
Continental with Y rating
Yokohama with W rating
Dunlop with Y rating

i saw a website overseas that still sold the continental and then i couldn't ever find it again.

unless they changed the tire, it was the continental cross contact UHP and it was a Z rated tire. i'd consider paying overseas shipping for those tires again, too...

Yes those are them, no the others wont work. They have to be z speed rated for me to make it through tech. They also look at the date codes on the tire, at 180+ and 5200lbs I get double inspected at tech every time I go.

I go two being overnight via ebay. Even with the overnight they wont be here till Friday morning, and I was planning on leaving Thursday so I will have to change my plans some.

Pirelli says that this tire may be discontinued soon. If that's the case land speed racing in this truck will be over.

it would be a bummer if they did... the truck is worthless on the road course without good tires.

one of the biggest things is the traction rating pirelli's have the AA traction and A temperature rating.
most any other tire made in our size now is A traction and A temp.

pirelli, continental, and BFG were the only ones.

there is however some new chinese tire that i read was owned by a major tire manufacture that does have a tire that is Z rated but it just makes me nervous - i don't want to blow a tire at 140 at road atlanta...

there is however some new chinese tire that i read was owned by a major tire manufacture that does have a tire that is Z rated but it just makes me nervous - i don't want to blow a tire at 140 at road atlanta...

Some things are worth a small price savings. If you like to drive these trucks in a spirited way, tires aren't to have corners cut on quality for sure.

I live about 45mins from where the Texas mile is held and ive never gone, and dammit i work all weekend but your right they are expecting alot of rain but these dam weather men aka Dead Wrong Dale is usually wrong and the forcast keeps changeing, it was suppose to clear Sat. morn. but this evening theyr saying rain thru Monday so who knows. I was gunna rec. Delta Tire from here in Corpus they carry a good supply of tires.

Back