No0b With a Suspension Question???

Already done on the shocks. I thought those front springs were for more for a 1500 hemi truck. They look too weak for this beast.

Ok, I'll pull the bottom spring off the pack. BTW, does that removal lower the truck any further? Doesn't seem like it would but it don't hurt to ask. I also assume I will have to put some bags on it if I put anything heavier than a pillow in the back.

Gonna replace the front bump stops tomorrow.

Great information man, thanks. Looks like I'll need to go with your kit since I really like the dropped stance. When I do I'll order the kit with all the bushings and make a day of it.

it will drop the rear about 3/8 to 1/2 inch area, but as stiff as the rear springs is no, no bags will be needed, I have two springs out of mine, but I never hauled nothing but stuff to panama in mine, had it pretty loaded down last year and rarely hit the bumpstops.

but I love the curves a good bit, and removing one will soften up the rate just a touch enough to soften the ride, but it more takes out the harshness of the non reacting springs, it will be more apt to soaking up the bumps that what is going on currently

it will drop the rear about 3/8 to 1/2 inch area, but as stiff as the rear springs is no, no bags will be needed, I have two springs out of mine, but I never hauled nothing but stuff to panama in mine, had it pretty loaded down last year and rarely hit the bumpstops.

but I love the curves a good bit, and removing one will soften up the rate just a touch enough to soften the ride, but it more takes out the harshness of the non reacting springs, it will be more apt to soaking up the bumps that what is going on currently

Excellent! Consider it done.:rock:

Well, I cut the bump stops and installed the ES button head bump stops and it made a huge difference. Thank you all for your input.

I still have to sort out the rear. There's just no compliance back there. I didn't have enough time today to pull the overload springs out of the rear packs so hopefully that will solve the issue until I can get Tony's kit.

With 2 1/2" blocks in the back. You will have to cut the rubber bump stops to about a half inch thick to give the suspension some room to move. That should smooth it out alot!

Here is a pic from last year. The road has a fair bit of crown, so you can get a good peak at the Caltracs.

1347-013.jpg

With 2 1/2" blocks in the back. You will have to cut the rubber bump stops to about a half inch thick to give the suspension some room to move. That should smooth it out alot!

I already did that and it help mucho. I will follow Tony's advice and pull that overload and see where that get me. There is still something not right. I don't know if the "slapper" bump stops are supposed to be in constant contact with the spring pack or not. Mine are and I just wonder if there is supposed to be some space there or not. If there is supposed to be space in between, that could be part of the problem. :dontknow:

Here is a pic from last year. The road has a fair bit of crown, so you can get a good peak at the Caltracs.

1347-013.jpg

Saweeet! Beautiful truck. I have a black Chally kinda glad I only have one black vehicle.

When you install the Caltrac's do you take any springs out of the pac's or leave the full stock pac in there?

usually there is not, unless someone took the pack apart, you can cut it down it really wont affect much

but with it contacting it will cause the pack to be under stress and be more stiff

Saweeet! Beautiful truck. I have a black Chally kinda glad I only have one black vehicle.

When you install the Caltrac's do you take any springs out of the pac's or leave the full stock pac in there?

The stock.....ummm...traction bar has to be removed. The bump stop on the front of it should not be touching the leaf above it. I honestly thought they did nothing, until I had the springs out and I could see the bump stop rub marks on the upper leaf.

the rubber snubber shouldn't affect the ride to much they are only there to restrict the rotation of the diff . if there is a gap , the diff would be able to rotate and would create wheel hop . by touching the spring the rotation is limited to only the squash of the rubber which is minimal. :) just an opinion. i am no expert!!!

the rubber snubber shouldn't affect the ride to much they are only there to restrict the rotation of the diff . if there is a gap , the diff would be able to rotate and would create wheel hop . by touching the spring the rotation is limited to only the squash of the rubber which is minimal. :) just an opinion. i am no expert!!!
Ok, that make sense, thanks.
The stock.....ummm...traction bar has to be removed. The bump stop on the front of it should not be touching the leaf above it. I honestly thought they did nothing, until I had the springs out and I could see the bump stop rub marks on the upper leaf.
Well, in that case I may trim mine a quarter inch or so. Thanks...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back