Not Having A Good Day

NVR2OLD

VTCoA Senior Member
Reaction score
Had the truck out for a short cruise and not on it too hard. On tha way home I heard alittle raddle like in the dash, but the closer to home the louder it was.

I thought mybe the noise was comming from the clutch, but now I think its comming from the motor, like a broken piston.:(

I babied it up to the Dodge Dealer and I'll know more on Monday. If it is a broken piston. What would you guy's do if it happen to you?

Oh Man...

****ty deal man... i'm in a similar boat. can't figure out whats wrong... just spend 7k on head rebuild and cam install...

I'll keep my fingers crossed that it is something simple. Let us know what they find.

I truly hope its something simple and not in the engine.

Possible broken piston???...first thing I would do is not tell the wife..she's already jealous of my ride...let's know what you find out.

Is it a good dealership? Trustworthy? I hope so or it could get real exspensive.

Possible broken piston???...first thing I would do is not tell the wife..she's already jealous of my ride...let's know what you find out.
I told the wife because when she gets back home Tuesday she will ask where the truck is.:D
Is your motor FI? How many miles?
Just a stock N/A motor with 15,435 miles.:(
Is it a good dealership? Trustworthy? I hope so or it could get real exspensive.
I know the Dealership, so I hope they won't stick it to me that bad.
+1

If FI, what A/F are you running?

The A/F at 75 mph 14.3 to 14.8 and at WOT 12.3 to 12.8.

If it is the piston, I'm thinking about putting in forged pistons, cam, valve spring and push rods.

do you owe anything on the truck?

if so, that would be my main deterrent from doing a full motor build...

with that many miles, i'd be amazed it's engine internals... unless it was run without oil, or something...

with that many miles, i'd be amazed it's engine internals... unless it was run without oil, or something...

Unless it sits more than 4 days without being started. All the oil drained back to the pan for a dry start.

A/F's look good. The 12:8 is a touch lean, doubt it burned one unless you had old or crappy fuel somewhere.

Keep us posted.

I broke a piston with 18000 miles on it and no mods basically. And if you have to take it apart you could do pistons and rods and be done in there for a little more money

The Dodge Dealer said I broke a piston or rod bearings and needs a short block for $15,000.:thefinger: I said no thanks, I'll have some rebuild my motor.

I am shocked at that low mileage. I'm sorry to hear about your troubles.

Also the sad part is I only had 4 more payments left.:(

And yes, it's full of clean Mobil One and fresh 91 fuel and I always warm it up good. I went thru the gears and I shift at about 6000 and I think the piston just let go. Like they say " That **** Happens "

Thanks Guy's for all your support.

If you need any factory parts, gaskets or anything at all, let me know. I work at a dealer and can get you the parts at 10% over cost.

Also the sad part is I only had 4 more payments left.:(

And yes, it's full of clean Mobil One and fresh 91 fuel and I always warm it up good. I went thru the gears and I shift at about 6000 and I think the piston just let go. Like they say " That **** Happens "

Thanks Guy's for all your support.

2003-2006 Dodge Viper New Crate Engine w/Accessories - 05037580AA
2003-2006 Dodge Viper New Crate Engine w/Accessories - 05037580AA
Price: $17,500.00

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back