OEM Air Intake System

What I was saying is that back when my truck was basically like most everyone elses, stock weight, headers, Magnaflow and a tune...I was running 109-110+ while all the others were in the 106-108 range, the major difference other than the driver was my Volant, with the extra scoop behind the grill. That's all Im sayin! And NO, a Volant won't get you anywhere near the 11's.....most of the credit for that goes to the weight reduction, ported intake, JTS VenomTB...and my custom true dual equal length catless exhaust with an x-pipe (a gain of 30 ftlbs over the Magnaflow).

Definitely interested in getting an exhaust like you have. My truck came with the Magnaflow exhaust system also, but was looking for a true dual system without the cats. Please let me know what you can about yours.

This post is obviously way old now... Sorry I am just now getting back to it. Lots of back and forth, and still no idea exactly what I want to do for an air intake system for a final product. That being said, HWMech and I met almost a year ago and swapped out intakes. My truck feels absolutely no different, however there is a difference in tone when driving. Have to admit I miss the way my truck sounded with the Volant Air Intake. Apparently the truck only had 2 mods on it when I bought it, that I have noticed so far. The dealership I bought it from had ablsolutely no idea what they had, or what was done to it, as they sold me the SRT-10 with just over 50k miles for $22,750, and it blue booked at $27,500. Didn't even have to talk them down!!!

I still have the Magnaflow exhaust system, but would like a true dual as mentioned in the post above. I have upgraded my rotors to drilled and slotted rotors from Chromebrakes (never heard of them, but had good reviews so figured I would try them). I also upgraded my brake pads to Disc Italia Titanium Kevlar pads for better stopping power. Picked up a Hotchkis Sport Suspension (2.5" I think) lowering kit new in the box a few months ago from a fellow member for $400 with the JMB Custom Lightweight Pulley. Supposedly the pulley was used on the World's Fastest SRT-10 during his record breaking run. Money is not an issue, as I can save for whatever I need for this truck. Just trying to find the best bang for your buck is always the best way to go. Why spend extra money if not needed for the same performance. More money for other things like hopefully a Venom Hood here soon!

Oh, and I have slips from before and after the Volant system was installed. I will post them once I get back from Afghanistan. I do believe my speed was a tad bit faster with the Volant, however my times were pretty much the exact same. I went to the track with HWMech, and JakeH84 one day, and with the volant air system in HWMech's truck (mind you all of us were stock minus my Magnaflow exhaust, HWMech's new Volant Intake, and JakeH84's lowering kit) I still had the fastest time on the strip by about a 1/10th or less. Of the three trucks, I was the only QC, the other two were 05 RCs.

Last edited:
This post is obviously way old now... Sorry I am just now getting back to it. Lots of back and forth, and still no idea exactly what I want to do for an air intake system for a final product. That being said, HWMech and I met almost a year ago and swapped out intakes. My truck feels absolutely no different, however there is a difference in tone when driving. Have to admit I miss the way my truck sounded with the Volant Air Intake. Apparently the truck only had 2 mods on it when I bought it, that I have noticed so far. The dealership I bought it from had ablsolutely no idea what they had, or what was done to it, as they sold me the SRT-10 with just over 50k miles for $22,750, and it blue booked at $27,500. Didn't even have to talk them down!!!

I still have the Magnaflow exhaust system, but would like a true dual as mentioned in the post above. I have upgraded my rotors to drilled and slotted rotors from Chromebrakes (never heard of them, but had good reviews so figured I would try them). I also upgraded my brake pads to Disc Italia Titanium Kevlar pads for better stopping power. Picked up a Hotchkis Sport Suspension (2.5" I think) lowering kit new in the box a few months ago from a fellow member for $400 with the JMB Custom Lightweight Pulley. Supposedly the pulley was used on the World's Fastest SRT-10 during his record breaking run. Money is not an issue, as I can save for whatever I need for this truck. Just trying to find the best bang for your buck is always the best way to go. Why spend extra money if not needed for the same performance. More money for other things like hopefully a Venom Hood here soon!

People bring up old posts often so don't worry, lol.
Check out our SnakeBite exhaust for our trucks. It's a true dual exhaust that gives our trucks a beastly exhaust note. Not a raspy V6 sound like most and definitely not the stock UPS truck sound. We also provide one of the sickest hoods to grace our trucks...The SuperSnake hood.
Check us out in the Vendor section for examples and sound clips bud.
I'd be happy to help you get your truck where you want it. :burnout:

I do like the SuperSnake Hood, however I am pretty impartial to the Venom hood, as it takes the truck to the ACR Viper level. I have also met with a person in my relative area with the SuperSnake hood. Have yet to find a Venom Hood in my area, so would be one more unique thing about my truck. I will for sure check out the exhaust though!

I have a complete one I'd sell ya with brand new air filter. I just put on a paxton

I have a complete one I'd sell ya with brand new air filter. I just put on a paxton

I have already switched my air intake. I swapped with a member in Nashville. We did a direct swap. Appreciate the offer though. I think I am going to stick with this stock box for now, just wanting to replace the factory ribbed hose with something more solid like carbon fiber, or aluminium. Anyone know of a good company that makes this part?

Nope but it would probably be a great seller if you find a setup......

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back