~!@//---Official VTCOA Logo Contest--\\~!@

RedSrt007

Reaction score
After many requests by the members, we feel a logo needs to be made so that we can have stickers, hats, etc...

We wanted to throw the opportunity for all your artists and photoshop guru's to come-up with an official VTCOA logo / design. The admins and mods will take the top 3, and we will have a vote, by the members, to decided on the logo.

The design must be not too complicated. We are going for the simple, clean look. It must contain www.VTCOA.com or "Viper Truck Club of America" somewhere within the logo.

The winner will receive an embroidered vtcoa shirt, and when the sticker(s) are made, they will also receive some.

not only that!, but this individual will receive the satisfaction of knowing they saved me a ton of time :p

This is for entries only, not for voting...any off-topic discussions will be deleted....thank You

Thanks

Patrick

Due By When?

I'm not a quick draw!

I don't come by often, but once in a while Kevan sends me a link to threads of interest.

When he forwarded this thread to me, i immediately had an idea for an identity for you guys, so i did a quick sketch. I'm a professional designer, and i don't usually work for free, but this is the kind of work i don't get to do very often, so i chalk it up to "pro bono creative experimentation". :)

I've come up with two variations, one would be a good emblem for hats or shirts, the other is a horizontal lock-up that would make a good bumper sticker.

Hope you like it. If this is selected, i'd love to wear a VTCOA t-shirt to my next smart club gathering. :evil:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Well, you don't need to choose one or the other. They each belong as part of a system, where you would use whichever version was appropriate.

The first one wouldn't make a very good bumper sticker, which is why i designed the horizontal one, which would also make a great header graphic for the forum. :)

Also note that the two images do have faint copyright watermarks on them at the moment (just something i do on anything i post in public).

These have been designed in Adobe Illustrator, so they are full vector graphics that can be scaled to any size.

gotsmart said:
I don't come by often, but once in a while Kevan sends me a link to threads of interest.

When he forwarded this thread to me, i immediately had an idea for an identity for you guys, so i did a quick sketch. I'm a professional designer, and i don't usually work for free, but this is the kind of work i don't get to do very often, so i chalk it up to "pro bono creative experimentation". :)

I've come up with two variations, one would be a good emblem for hats or shirts, the other is a horizontal lock-up that would make a good bumper sticker.

Hope you like it. If this is selected, i'd love to wear a VTCOA t-shirt to my next smart club gathering. :evil:

attachment.php

attachment.php

I em both... better than I could have ever come up with.. :rock:

I'm a fan of understatement (yes, i recognize that the SRT-10 is probably the antithesis of "understatement" ;) ) but i think it'd look good as a window decal in the lower left of the rear window, about 10"-12" wide.

Sometimes smaller details draw the eye as much as a huge loud statement.

The "Club of America" type is in a "V" shape to emphasize the lower part of the shield emblem. It looked a little odd with it on an arc, since little else in the logo is rounded.

And the "white circle" isn't a part of the logo. It's part of the © watermark that would be removed in the final version, should this identity be chosen.

The illustration style was inspired by the first-generation Viper logo.

Guys, please allow me to say this one more time...

The circle IS NOT a part of the design. It's the outer ring of the copyright symbol (©) which i watermarked over the image to protect my work from unauthorized reproduction and manipulation.

I posted a concept as a contribution to the community, but that does not give everyone free license to start messing with my work. I'm all for suggestions, but believe me, the design has been given very careful thought and consideration based on my lifetime of experience, education and training.

I'm really hoping to see some other original ideas and different interpretations based on the challenge placed before us.

Last edited:
These are very nice!:rock: I want mine in pink :D

VTCOA from GOTSMART

Hey GOTSMART

Any way you could incorporate the new style fang logo in the drawing.

The one with the frontal view of the of the snake head you see on all of our trucks that used the Viper car badging?

I think the illistration you used is for an older Gen II VIper.

Hey don't get me wrong I LOVE what you did. Really original and fits our moto.

Just would like to see what you could come up with using the latest Viper Fangs and the truck theme.

My $.02

Kevin

Here's another variation with the text all below the emblem... i think this one resolves a bit better than having it split above and below:

vtcoa_idea_v2dw.gif

vtcoa_on_blue2.jpg

Thanks to Kevan for finding the pic of the blue truck.

Thanks for the suggestion, Kevin. In talking with Kevan, i did look at using the style of the newer Viper logo, but to be honest, i think the shape of the truck's hood and fenders really come alive in the 3/4 view. The frontal view looks flatter and less interesting to me.

I was drawing inspiration from the two Viper logos to create something new and original for VTCOA, not trying to recreate something that already exists.

Last edited:
gotsmart said:
Here's another variation with the text all below the emblem... i think this one resolves a bit better than having it split above and below:

vtcoa_idea_v2dw.gif

vtcoa_on_blue2.jpg

Thanks to Kevan for finding the pic of the blue truck.

i like........ need one for my truck eventually.......:D

gotsmart said:
Guys, please allow me to say this one more time...

The circle IS NOT a part of the design. It's the outer ring of the copyright symbol (©) which i watermarked over the image to protect my work from unauthorized reproduction and manipulation.

I posted a concept as a contribution to the community, but that does not give everyone free license to start messing with my work. I'm all for suggestions, but believe me, the design has been given very careful thought and consideration based on my lifetime of experience, education and training.

I'm really hoping to see some other original ideas and different interpretations based on the challenge placed before us.

So noted, and agreed....would be nice to get a few more ideas out there. Very nice work though! :rock:

sweet, imo the red needs to be closer to viper red. that design is awesome gotsmart.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back