OIL CAP LEAKING, WTF!!!!

GILMO'S10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put my jmb cai and catch can on a little over a week ago.Really like it.Looks awesome.Moved my truck on sunday and noticed a couple oil spots! WTF!! Starting looking thinking it was maybe a loose bolt or something from my last service.Had the trans serviced and oil changed.Crawled under to have a look.Noticed the oil was a little farther forward.Popped the hood and saw some oil around the cap and a little puddle under on the valve cover.UHHHA!Found the problem.But why:dontknow: All my lines seem ok going into the catch can.(no kinks) Catch can seems to be working alright.Hot air and a little steam coming out while she's running.Spoke with Justin at JMB and also
the mopar connection to see what they thought.Maybe just a loose cap:dontknow:Cranked it tight until it cliks and a couple more for good measure.Got home from work and BAM, More freaking OIL!!Wondering if anyone else has had their cap go bad.I dont think it has anything to do with my catch can.Will try a new cap.Hopefully the dodge dealer has one.Any ideas?

I was also thinking of putting the orig line back on that side and see if it makes any diff.Thanks in advance:rock:

wont grow old said:
I put my jmb cai and catch can on a little over a week ago.Really like it.Looks awesome.Moved my truck on sunday and noticed a couple oil spots! WTF!! Starting looking thinking it was maybe a loose bolt or something from my last service.Had the trans serviced and oil changed.Crawled under to have a look.Noticed the oil was a little farther forward.Popped the hood and saw some oil around the cap and a little puddle under on the valve cover.UHHHA!Found the problem.But why:dontknow: All my lines seem ok going into the catch can.(no kinks) Catch can seems to be working alright.Hot air and a little steam coming out while she's running.Spoke with Justin at JMB and also
the mopar connection to see what they thought.Maybe just a loose cap:dontknow:Cranked it tight until it cliks and a couple more for good measure.Got home from work and BAM, More freaking OIL!!Wondering if anyone else has had their cap go bad.I dont think it has anything to do with my catch can.Will try a new cap.Hopefully the dodge dealer has one.Any ideas?

I was also thinking of putting the orig line back on that side and see if it makes any diff.Thanks in advance:rock:
I posted on this awhile back, It is the O ring on the cap. You can replace the O ring or the cap.

J.R.

JRSVIPR said:
I posted on this awhile back, It is the O ring on the cap. You can replace the O ring or the cap.

J.R.

Yeah thats the answer I was looking for.I dont think mine has an O ring!
Bastards probly lost it last oil change!:rock:

wont grow old said:
Yeah mine was completely flat. I didn't find an O ring, So i replaced the cap. 12.00 i think.

J.R.

wont grow old said:

Mental note for Won't Grow Old: Change your own oil, change your own transmission fluid, torque your own lug nuts, wash your truck yourself, cherish the time caressing your lovely beast...

JRSVIPR said:
Yeah mine was completely flat. I didn't find an O ring, So i replaced the cap. 12.00 i think.

J.R.

Yeah mine probly is too.I hope the dealer has another one in stock.Thanks for the help.:rock:

wont grow old said:
Yeah mine probly is too.I hope the dealer has another one in stock.Thanks for the help.:rock:
Dragon has them.

J.R.

Prof said:
Mental note for Won't Grow Old: Change your own oil, change your own transmission fluid, torque your own lug nuts, wash your truck yourself, cherish the time caressing your lovely beast...

yeah you are right PROF.I should do all that stuff myself.Lazy,busy,SCARED I might F something up!!

I was too then decided that "No Fear" was a better way to live...so I took it slow and started simple...still learning and having fun in the process.

I had the same exact problem, only I have the Roe breather. I replaced both o-rings on it and presto, no more leaky!!:D

I had the same problem, though it just took a cleaning of the o-ring and mating surface on the valve cover... that worked for a little while..

But its back.. so I am going to get a new cap from Dragon...

Yeah I am going with the new cap.I thought WTF did I do wrong installing the catch can!!I found a old O ring in the garage to hold me over until the new one comes in.Ordered local.Would cost me more to ship to me then the cap cost.I am happy I am not alone on this.I was thinking why me!Thanks for the advice!!

Prof said:
Thats cheap talk. Do you even own a tool set?:rock:

cant remember wherei got it from but ive got the cap with the little breather on it. might be a good excuse to upgrade.

eddie102870 said:
cant remember wherei got it from but ive got the cap with the little breather on it. might be a good excuse to upgrade.

Man that would be the ticket.If you remember where you got it.Post up!!:rock:

it was dc performance or roe racing, cant remember which, will do some looking.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back