OIL CAP LEAKING, WTF!!!!

You are not only losing oil without negative pressure in the crankcase, you are losing horsepower. :( The negative pressure has many advantages, one of them is to help the rings seal by preventing ring flutter that allows even more blowby into the crankcase. A catch can is good, but there should also be a way to create negative pressure, either through the intake or by using a vacuum pump. I simply put a 1/2" air compressor filter/dryer in the pcv hose running from the rear of the passenger valve cover to the bottom of the intake behind the throttle body. No more oil in the intake, no oil leaks, and I still have the rings sealed. The heavier oil condenses out of the gases when it hits the dryer and stays there.

Jake, my assumption is that the purpose of the can, is to capture the moisture and only allow less water saturated air back into the intake. Hence the dumping of water from the catch can...

Is this correct?

Black1 said:
Doesn't that defeat the purpose, tho? :dontknow: :confused: I'm still cornfused. :eek: (Please excuse my ignorance...) But, running the 2nd hose to the intake will allow gases (mixed with oil) BACK INTO the combustion process, will it not? :dontknow: :eek:

I was wondering the same thing.So you are saying that on the driver side valve cover hook it up like stock?As noted above does this not defeat the purpose of having one on there.You also metion alot of people hooking these up wrong.Did it per the instructions given to me from JMB.This stuff is a little over my head.negative pressure,positive pressure,TOO much PRESSURE!:rock:

This site rules.....

I remember reading about this way back. Well. Same exact issue with mine. Thing is, is this a warranty issue? Can I bring it to a dealer even though I have a JMB catch can?

If I am gonna get flack, I will just get a new gen 3 chrome one.

Prof said:
Mental note for Won't Grow Old: Change your own oil, change your own transmission fluid, torque your own lug nuts, wash your truck yourself, cherish the time caressing your lovely beast...

Words of wisdom to live by:rock:

Nobody love her more than you do.:D

TREKER said:
This site rules.....

I remember reading about this way back. Well. Same exact issue with mine. Thing is, is this a warranty issue? Can I bring it to a dealer even though I have a JMB catch can?

If I am gonna get flack, I will just get a new gen 3 chrome one.
TREKER,They are like $12.00 :dontknow: :dontknow:

paid $4.95 for my "replacment" oil fill cap in White Bear Lake, MN. Dallas dealers did not have one. showed to be national back order, 2 weeks out. changed the oil, forgot the cap AND ran over it.
agree with the prof. thats one of the reasons to have one of these beautiful beasts is to do the work ones self. of course i be a class 8 tractor technician by trade. i got lots of tools. snap-on even

JRSVIPR said:
I posted on this awhile back, It is the O ring on the cap. You can replace the O ring or the cap.

J.R.
Yp,I just had an O ring put on mine !!! They seemed to think it was caused by my Billet Cover not letting the Plastic Cap cool properly !!! But my .02 says Heat and Oil and o rings don't combine for longevity !!!:dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back