oil catch can smoking!

Jfireboy1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if its normal for the oil catch can to smoke a lot from the breather filter even when driven normal or idleing!?!? I know my oil runs kinda warm from the turbos.... around 200-210 even when idleing. I only have one catch can on the passenger side of the motor. I was thinking of putting another one useing the oil filler cap kit I saw. Been suggested to put more than one by some to have more than one due to crankcase pressure because of turbos. Im running 10psi - 11psi

Have you drained your catch can recently...sorry, but I forget sometimes. If your engine is healthy, there is usually mostly condensation with some oil mist too. If you have considerable condensation in there the high temps will cause it to "steam"...not smoke...if you have smoke coming from your catch can you have other issues.

Check it and let us know...

Roy

Yup, perfectly normal. I have the JMB catch can and also the ROE breather that replaces the oil cap and I also saw the smoke. Posted up here a few weeks back, was told it was normal. I even contacted Justin and he confirmed this. All good.

Jfireboy1 said:
Does anyone know if its normal for the oil catch can to smoke a lot from the breather filter even when driven normal or idleing!?!? I know my oil runs kinda warm from the turbos.... around 200-210 even when idleing. I only have one catch can on the passenger side of the motor. I was thinking of putting another one useing the oil filler cap kit I saw. Been suggested to put more than one by some to have more than one due to crankcase pressure because of turbos. Im running 10psi - 11psi
:needpics:

you turbo is gonna run a bit different than most and if they set up the engine correctly you will prob have a little more than a paxton may, the oil running thru the turbos and such, so unless its really excessive you should be good to go Joe

Thanx alot for the advise guys!!! Just wanted to make sure. Im still alittle paronoid with my truck due to the fact that ive never owned such a beast or dealt with forced air induction much! I just like to get advise on issues Im not sure are normal! Wanna thank all of you as you all are very dependable and knowledgeable when it comes to any issues. So glad to be part of this forum! Hope to be posting pics of the truck soon and turbo set up.

You're the guy I met with the Hennessey TT mineral gray qc, right. Over at homestead speedway, last year? You're friends with Steve, the police officer from the gables?

Whos this? I met a guy named Alex at the Homestead speedway...

Oh...its a product from JH...

I take back everything I said.

Joe is a really good kid, please dont start on him about JH, he loves his truck and is trying to do everything he can so he dont have problems with it, he is going thru it from on end to the other, and after he is done I think he will be a great asset to the forum, after speaking with him many times on the phone he is making a ton of changes and jsut loves his truck and has tons of respect for it:)

He has the right attitude!

But I have no qualms withdrawing my comments after learning that the TT was a JH product...I know nothing about them, except what we have heard here.

Hope it works out for him.

I really dont cosider it a JH product anymore due to the fact that i have changed alot on it already that was supposedly done by JH! If what I have heard as well is true then all I have done is make it better and distanced it from being a JH product..

Prof said:
He has the right attitude!

But I have no qualms withdrawing my comments after learning that the TT was a JH product...I know nothing about them, except what we have heard here.

Hope it works out for him.
eh you know it ends up, we did it with viper, and we all know what JH is about thats for sure;) Just hate seeing it get rehashed:p

pay me no attention prof, its been one of those days I shoulda jsut stayed in bed:aetsch:

We need to get with Jorge (blackviper) and do the car show where the old Fudrucker's used to be on US.1 and 104th Street. I think it's the 1st saturday of every month.

fireboy you should start a thread on your truck and what all it takes to get it right....

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back