oil

Stinker said:
oile wieght should be determined by the are and heat range you live in , the hotter the heavier hence 15w40 the colder the lighter hence 0w-40
If we can get away with 15W40 in the south can I use Rotella T 15W40 diesel oil?

kickinassrt-10 said:
If we can get away with 15W40 in the south can I use Rotella T 15W40 diesel oil?
Yes rotella doesnt use detergent, thats what I used to break my motor in non syntheic.

DevilDawg3097 said:
Yes rotella doesnt use detergent, thats what I used to break my motor in non syntheic.
So if I use this it doesn't need to be synthetic version? It can be straight 15W40 Same stuff I used in my diesel:dontknow: :dontknow:

kickinassrt-10 said:
So if I use this it doesn't need to be synthetic version? It can be straight 15W40 Same stuff I used in my diesel:dontknow: :dontknow:
Yup. I know Its on sale a menards.

all the W in the oil 0w40 5w30 10w30 15w40 is it is winterized. the differance in the oil your thinking of is usually for machine and big rigs which has a detergent that is suppose to help burn better only thing I have seen is detergent motors dont last as long as non. But the stuff you get in stores 15w40 for gas or diesel it the same shit different bottle unless it specifies it has detergent in it it doesnt matter.

cool I'm do for an oil change... I love the rotella t i used it in my diesel and it caused no problems!

SilvrSRT10 said:
I've lost my source for Mobil 1. My local Costco doesn't have it either. That's why I switched to the Shell Rotella Synthetic. Readily available and reasonably priced.

Really, tons of it in Brandon FL:dontknow: I would have a chat with the local Manager, I bet he hooks you up;)

thewelshm

I bought 0w40 this time from Autozone and it was 75 bucks for the oil alone. I will probably change the next time around to Rotella T as WalMart has it for 20 bucks a gallon.

i get the rotella in 5 gallon buckets, far cheaper, but i would never use oil that thick in the srt-10. you know how long it will take for that to get into the valve covers?

scoobert said:
i get the rotella in 5 gallon buckets, far cheaper, but i would never use oil that thick in the srt-10. you know how long it will take for that to get into the valve covers?
Is that light bulb on :confused: Its not gear oil and getting into the valve cover has nothing to do with the viscoisty of the oil it is how fast it heats up and breaks down 15w40 wont break down or heat up as fast as 0w40. heance longer wear life in internal parts. think before you speak;)

your mistaken, starting is the most wear your engine see's. the time it takes your oil pump to lift the oil to the rockers and flow thru the engine is important. without the flow the parts are wearing. dont think so? put straight 60 in your truck, and see if you get 100,000 out of it.

scoobert said:
About 1.1 seconds

scoobert said:
your mistaken, starting is the most wear your engine see's. the time it takes your oil pump to lift the oil to the rockers and flow thru the engine is important. without the flow the parts are wearing. dont think so? put straight 60 in your truck, and see if you get 100,000 out of it.

No shit but there is nothing you can do about that on any motor period. ANd 2nd who said anything about 60 wt which there is no such thing for motor oil. Also not all oils are the same gear oil is made different from engine oil, engine oil is made dfferen then hydraulic oil, they are not the same. Dude if you want to get your post count up go to the post ho thread to try and act like you know what your talking about.

When you drain the oil not all the oil leaves the engine. ever pull rockers off? guess what there is still oil underneath them, you only start a engine completely dry one time, and thats the first time its ever been cranked.

GADodgetech said:
When you drain the oil not all the oil leaves the engine. ever pull rockers off? guess what there is still oil underneath them, you only start a engine completely dry one time, and thats the first time its ever been cranked.
Hey GA there must not be anyone on here who turns wrenches for a living or builds our own stuff;) Have a good 4th bro and maybe tommorow I will not only have pics but video from the track:burnout: :burnout:

DevilDawg3097 said:
Hey GA there must not be anyone on here who turns wrenches for a living or builds our own stuff;) Have a good 4th bro and maybe tommorow I will not only have pics but video from the track:burnout: :burnout:
:beer: :beer: :cheers: :cheers: its gonna be a good day :rock:

THEWELSHM said:
I buy My 0-40 Mobil 1 @ Costco;) Cheap Cheap

thewelshm
What does it cost there? Cheapest I've ever found here is Fleet Farm ($6qt.), but havn't checked Costco or Sams Club in a couple years, just know they didn't have it 3 yrs. ago, but several auto stores didn't then either.

Scoobert

Straight 60 wt?? WTF!! Guys here are trying to help you out and all you come up with is retarded responses. Get rid of the 10 and go buy a beat up Bronco and go muddin with it. Otherwise, put 0-40w in it like the SRT engineers suggest and be done with it. After some of the posts I've seen I am shocked people actually try to help you. I know others feel the way I do but are keeping to them selves. Stop being a Jackass!!! It's annoying. Too many people on here know their shit and contribute greatly when someone needs help. You don't seem to get that. Instead you post endless non-sense. If you're not going to take advice then don't post.

You can tell me to go F off but I am sure many other people here agree with me completely. You are a tool!!!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back