oiling issues thread

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ok since everyone belives in the oiling issues . lets do a thread and solve them;)

Everyone agrees there is oiling issues correct?

then do your best to explain why;)

does everyone think the oiling issues are the cause of premature failure of the rods and pistons?

please explain and lets cure the problem.

My first question ....

every engine I have seen so far with a window in the block is from a piston land breaking, causing bore damage and thus resulting in the rod breaking from too much pressure of trying to force a broken piston thru a round hole? So is this from oiling issues?

anyway, have fun, and see if we can solve the problem:rock:

I don't think that's a oiling problem. You got all the momentum trying to go up. The piston kinks, that energy has to go somewhere............. poof out the side of the block :)

I thought the oiling problem would have more to do with bearing failure from the pump cavitating at high rpm........... doesn't EED have a fix for this? new check vlv or something?

correct, but i keep hearing , 'what are you doing about the oiling issue?"

i keep asking "what issue?"

and havent gotten a good response yet.

i have rod bearings that look like oiling issues, but are a result of bad clearances during instalation.

in the bearings we are gonna use, the mains are grooved to "improve" oiling

and they are also coated to improve "life"

but I still dont see any issues yet with oiling, and I am sure there are some out there, i jsut havent been shown them yet:dontknow:

the valve is a real good fix for an engine problem that is oil related:rock:

but i want to see an oiling issue failure;)

After some research and good marketing I've began using Lucas Synthetic oil stabilizer. with 5w-40 oil.

i think the only oiling issue would be under extreme aceleration and oll the oil is slammed to the back of the pan ......thats why in my drag bike we had a swinging oil pickup this might also cause them to starve for oil at very high speeds

If the oil is going to the back of the pan why is it #3 that usually turns the bearing? Is #3 the first bearing to get oil and the first one to be affected by oil starvation or is it the last one to get oil being the cause of oil starvation and is the oiling problem starvation at all?

The stock gearrotor pumps cavitate at 5300-5500 RPM.

I was going to extrapolate on this, but it has been hashed over hundreds of times already.

So what is the point.............................:confused:

I read on another thread the valve/oil pump whine problem exists on 04 and early 05 models. I assume beyond that Dodge redesigned the valve (??). IMO the stock oiling system should be fine unless the engine is heavily modified and the vehicle is used mostly in a race type application. I can see problems with oil starvation under high acceleration, turning and braking maneuvers. This can be a problem with any wet sump system -- don't our pans have a windage tray or baffles to help with oil sloshing/movement or is this in place to keep oil off the crank?

Is the piston failure caused by oil starvation? IMO, nah. I would place more blame on increased pressure. Why does #3 go poof first? Luck of the draw?

For those with oiling worries/concerns, I would go with a dry sump system or Viper Specialties offers upgrade kits. For the latter, these kits are designed around cars and may not fit a truck application (pan fitment in relation to cross member/chassis fitment).

If it is ring lands then why #3? Did Dodge just get a huge batch of bad #3 pistons? If it is ring lands then there should be other cylinders windowing the block as well. I have never read of a different cylinder windowing the block.

have heard of "block twist" come up a few times. is this a possibile factor????

FSTJACK said:

I was going to extrapolate on this, but it has been hashed over hundreds of times already.

So dont go above 5100rpms and where fine:D :p I usually dont go over 5000 because of your advice thanks FstJack:burnout: :burnout:

FSTJACK said:

because jack we have hundreds of new members and they are hearing tons of bad info, and they need informing.

You have helped me numberous times with tons of problems, you are a wealth of knowledge that these guys can learn from.

The expertise you have can help these guys tremendoulsy:rock:

Stinker said:
because jack we have hundreds of new members and they are hearing tons of bad info, and they need informing.

You have helped me numberous times with tons of problems, you are a wealth of knowledge, even with two trucks that arent running that these guys can learn from.

The expertise you have can help these guys tremendoulsy:rock:
:D :D :D :D :p

I'm with stinker , the piston failures we had I believe were cause of the shitty pistons not an oiling issue....As far as why #3 is always the first to blow , /I believe it is because of design of the intake and some how #3 gets a lot more air then the others to which it keep leaner and on the higher end of combustion pressures, again just my theory,,,,,,,

The only failure I 've heard that "might" be oil related was SRTBRAD qc that spun a bearing on #3.....But then again he drove the piss and dogshit all while hauling cameras and construction materials:p

TOp of that he used to fill it with this

PENZOIL001.jpg

:D :D :p

FerrariTruck said:
I'm with stinker , the piston failures we had I believe were cause of the shitty pistons not an oiling issue....As far as why #3 is always the first to blow , /I believe it is because of design of the intake and some how #3 gets a lot more air then the others to which it keep leaner and on the higher end of combustion pressures, again just my theory,,,,,,,

The only failure I 've heard that "might" be oil related was SRTBRAD qc that spun a bearing on #3.....But then again he drove the piss and dogshit all while hauling cameras and construction materials:p

TOp of that he used to fill it with this

PENZOIL001.jpg

:D :D :p

Deibs (supercharged) spun one as well (oil level too low oil from an extended period of blowby?)

As for your Bottom Photo-
"Well, that's one way to clean a Charger"

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back