Ok i NEED to StOp!!!

All in all guys i realize what i did what was very risky and dumb. I guess i might trade my truck in for a silver or black one, red is just to provactive. but now that i've been there and done that, i dont feel like i need to go that fast anymore. oh and vprpwr, no i cant hit a 1/4 in 11sec, but with time and money i will pursue that and achieve it. Even when i do hit the 11 sec club, i will still trip the lights.

they set a world speed record with these trucks and yes 140 is unsafe on the highways and am guilty of this also as recent as last night but where can we go to run our trucks this fast i dont think we can get on a nascar track and do this also it would be cool if we could run these trucks on a road course

had_to_have_it said:
they set a world speed record with these trucks and yes 140 is unsafe on the highways and am guilty of this also as recent as last night but where can we go to run our trucks this fast i dont think we can get on a nascar track and do this also it would be cool if we could run these trucks on a road course

YOu get a group together and rent the track :D

I have nothing to add, except that Ferrari opened the thread with a statement of guilt and remorse for his indiscretion.....

There you have it....

We live and learn..........

SD

Nowwhat said:
Ferrari.....just buy a yellow SRT they can't go over 95 mph or so.....
And keep the wing on for some extra down force at that speed :p :p

Hell yes I street race!:rock: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

There's a time, place and speed. All the hypocrites step aside!

slow91 said:
Hell yes I street race!:rock: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

There's a time, place and speed. All the hypocrites step aside!

well esh ive never known you to sugar coat anything youve always been real

proof is in your post

thats why mike always liked you bro

I dont want to deter from the subject matter at hand but I dont have a clue what you guys are talking about being unstable at 140... ??? My truck feels smooth as hell, I've been over 140 a large number of times, and with friends with me too, by their own choice naturally. To me it still feels like its crusing at 125 and even 130. Maybe its because I've had access to rural areas most of my life that I have been able to frequent those speeds and become more comfortable with them. I dunno, I think our trucks rock at any speed though and I'd trust my life with it more than most any other vehicle out there.

First off, I'm not condemming anyone for doing as they want. We are all individuals who can make our own decisions. Also when I was younger I did things that I would not consider doing now. I may give my daughter advice, but ultimately the decision will be hers, not mine.

The only truly safe (and that is still a relative term) place to drive those speeds is on a track. Even hitting a small dog at those speeds will ruin your day.

The gentlemen in these pictures was going in the 140 range. He not only killed himself, but the two young people in the car also died.

I'm only showing these pictures to give an idea of what can happen. This was a 650 pound bike. That's only about 13% of the mass of one of our trucks. Can you imagine what that would have looked like.

So go out, have fun, pick your time and place wisely if you have to, and be safe.

had_to_have_it said:
well esh ive never known you to sugar coat anything youve always been real

proof is in your post

thats why mike always liked you bro

Thanks Zol, I can't help but be as truthful and honest when we speak in person and also when I'm tapping away at this keyboard....I don't change for anyone. I'm going to tell it like it is like it or not. I build my rides to have fun at the strip and on the street (I just happen to pick my street locations very carefully). I've owned some fast cars and bikes....hell, just sold my Hayabusa not even six months ago!

Just like a lot of you on this site are always talking about going to have another beer and type some more...I lost three friends in high school and three more in college in drunk drivng accidents (no fault of their own) and a few more since...so I chose not to ever taste alcohol and have managed to stick by that all of these years.

So like Silverback said in the previous post....

So go out, have fun, pick your time and place wisely if you have to, and be safe.

Silverback and others,

Thank you for your moments of clarity in an otherwise convoluted and selfjustified stream of excuses to break the laws of the states and common sense.
Street racing kills hundreds of people every year. And maims thousands. The monitary costs cannot be calculated, The costs in lost loved ones cannot ever be calculated. How do you tell a child his parents are dead.
Just beacuse someone had a testosterone moment.

No matter what type of racing you like to participate in there is always something going on every weekend. I know of people who have moved to be closer to their favorite racing venue.

Please think about what you are doing with a 5000 pound missle that covers 210 feet per second at 140 MPH. In 3 seconds you have gone the length 2+ football fields.
The stability of a vehicle also decreases exponentially as the speed increases.

Please be careful as I value each and every member of this forum, and don't need any tragic preventable stories happening in this family.

Azmal said:
I dont want to deter from the subject matter at hand but I dont have a clue what you guys are talking about being unstable at 140... ??? My truck feels smooth as hell, I've been over 140 a large number of times, and with friends with me too, by their own choice naturally. To me it still feels like its crusing at 125 and even 130. Maybe its because I've had access to rural areas most of my life that I have been able to frequent those speeds and become more comfortable with them. I dunno, I think our trucks rock at any speed though and I'd trust my life with it more than most any other vehicle out there.

I'm not sure about the last sentence ..... They have no rollover protection whatsover, they are actually made like pieces of crap compared to european safety standards which are designed to run at high speeds all the time and usually don't weigh 500 pounds.

Either way it is each of our choice to make..

Drive Safe and have fun!! :D

Conduit prudemment et aie beaucoup de plaisir!, ehh ;)

Last edited:
had_to_have_it said:

Look at the SCCA site among others. The local chapters have frequent autocrossing and road course events all the over the country. The new Miller Raceway in Utah has track days where you get to go out on the 4 1/2 mile circuit. Wendover, NV near Bonneville has a monthly event where they have a 1 mile circuit on the airport runway. There are events all over California including the California Speedway in Fontana. And, of course, there are street night events at just about every drag strip.

For those of us who think we're Mario Andretti or John Force - we're not! Spend some time at a driving school and you'll find out just how much you don't know. You'll also find out how utterly stupid it is to run at high speed on public roads - rural, freeway, no traffic, etc., it doesn't matter. There is too much that can happen beyond your control from a little old lady pulling out in front of you to a tire blowing to an animal in the road and on and on. The trucks may feel stable while going straight but try making any kind of emergency manuever while going 140 mph. I guarantee you that every single person that was killed or killed someone else thought they were a good driver and it would never happen to them.

Sorry, but I've seen too many lives needlessly destroyed by idiotic stunts on public roads. I remember a beautiful young girl in a car that went airborne after hitting an unseen dip in the road who had to be identified by dental records. There were the two brothers who rolled their 5.0 while only doing 110 mph. It ripped the top open and their heads were pretty much ground off on the pavement. Their mother lost two sons in one tragedy. An innocent 12 year old boy was killed just a couple of blocks away while sitting in the passenger seat of his family SUV. His mother turned left in front of a speeding bullet bike and it t-boned the SUV right where the boy was sitting. There was no way she could have anticipated that the idiot on the bike was going that fast. We all know of similar stories.

In the same spirit of honesty and telling it like it is, putting yourself at risk is one thing but putting others at risk is wrong and unacceptable.

Big Asp said:
For those of us who think we're Mario Andretti or John Force - we're not! Spend some time at a driving school and you'll find out just how much you don't know. You'll also find out how utterly stupid it is to run at high speed on public roads - rural, freeway, no traffic, etc., it doesn't matter. There is too much that can happen beyond your control from a little old lady pulling out in front of you to a tire blowing to an animal in the road and on and on. The trucks may feel stable while going straight but try making any kind of emergency manuever while going 140 mph. I guarantee you that every single person that was killed or killed someone else thought they were a good driver and it would never happen to them.

Sorry, but I've seen too many lives needlessly destroyed by idiotic stunts on public roads. I remember a beautiful young girl in a car that went airborne after hitting an unseen dip in the road who had to be identified by dental records. There were the two brothers who rolled their 5.0 while only doing 110 mph. It ripped the top open and their heads were pretty much ground off on the pavement. Their mother lost two sons in one tragedy. An innocent 12 year old boy was killed just a couple of blocks away while sitting in the passenger seat of his family SUV. His mother turned left in front of a speeding bullet bike and it t-boned the SUV right where the boy was sitting. There was no way she could have anticipated that the idiot on the bike was going that fast. We all know of similar stories.

In the same spirit of honesty and telling it like it is, putting yourself at risk is one thing but putting others at risk is wrong and unacceptable.

Maybe you need to change your sig??:dontknow:

Here ya go....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There was an excellent article in The Toronto Star today, (one of Toronto's largest daily newspapers)

Street racers need fair and realistic solutions

Quote:

I am a police officer and an avid car enthusiast. I am in support of street racing, and I'll elaborate.

First, the notion that anyone with a modified vehicle is a "street racer" is untrue and ignorant. We are "car enthusiasts" with many being professional, hard working and responsible people. If two people race down a main road with lots of traffic during the day, they're idiots. Don't group them in with the rest of us because their actions are not condoned.

But I don't see the harm in two guys racing down a deserted industrial road at 2 a.m. with nobody around. The only people they can hurt is themselves, and I have yet to hear of a fatality under those circumstances.

People have been racing their cars on the streets for more than 50 years and you'd be naïve to think it's going to stop now. The more police push them, the more underground they go and I don't see that as a solution.

There is absolutely no dialogue or open communication between police and "the scene." I would even say that the police are hated. That may be because every time one of these guys moves, they're nailed with everything under the sun. Heck, I'd be ticked too.

A statement often heard is to "take it to the track." This is usually uttered by people who speak before they think and who have no knowledge or understanding of the facts.

I would like to see information gathered and a project set up to address this issue in hopes of finding a resolution where people can race in the GTA without it being on a populated road.

I believe this would lessen the incidence of spontaneous racing on main roads while still providing an outlet for these guys. I'd be happier knowing that they're racing, rather than stealing cars or breaking into homes.

Name and address supplied,
but withheld on request

A couple of response letters sent in to the paper from other readers (Printed in (The Toronto Star, Wheels Section:Your View, January 8th, 2005)

Racers learn from history

Quote:

Re: Street racers need fair and realistic solutions

Yourview, Jan. 1

I could not believe the comments made by the anonymous police officer regarding car-tuner enthusiasts and their illegal street-racing activities. These illegal racers aren't wearing fireproof suits, helmets, likely do not have roll bars or window retraint systems let alone a safety crew standing by to deal with emergencies.

He also dismisses (although he never explains why) those who say "take it to the track." History teaches us good lessons and the officer would do well to study the southern California car scene in the late 1950s and through the '60s. Many car enthusiasts were enjoying the increasing number of high-performance vehicles being produced. They were in the same boat — conducting dangerous and illegal street races.

Many of them banded together into car clubs and approached the community and local law enforcement to find safe and controlled environments to race. Abandoned airports and other similar venues were the birth of many of today's major automotive sporting events.

As a starter, how about the real estate at the old Downsview airport?The officer should be approaching the police association and local politicians to find places like this that will help tuner enthusiasts enjoy their passion legally and safely.

I'm disappointed that an officer of the law can't get his head out from under the hood long enough to be part of the solution instead of the problem.

N. Romani, Scarborough

Street racing is illegal. Why should a group of "car enthusiasts" expect a municipality or the province to supply them with a publicly-funded road on a regular basis, let alone not have any say on how it is used?

The owner of any property holds the legal liability for activity that occurs on it.

Anyone who thinks otherwise should see how their insurance company would view you allowing an unregulated party on your front lawn, just because it's night and you're not using it.

Similarly, many of the modifications made to cars, in addition to affecting the safety of the vehicle, likely violate the conditions of the vehicle insurer.

While they may only be small in number, the "car enthusiasts" who drive as if any road, at any time of day, is their personal race track are hurting the image of the others, since that is what the general public sees.

It's not up to the rest of the world to clean up this image.

If "car enthusiasts" want to practise their hobby, perhaps they should follow the lead of stock-car racing enthusiasts and redirect some of the money they spent on their vehicles and fund — or convince the private sector to fund — a proper racing facility.

Of course, users would have to pay and follow rules. Since much of the street-racing culture is defined by its "extreme" and counter-culture attraction, I don't think many would use it.

Len Aitchison, Wyebridge

hahaha BUUUUUURN!!!

:rock:

Nowwhat said:
In all seriousness...I don't know how we survive our youth....Ferrari you are a cool cat but 140 man....that is over the top.....punch 'em if you want ...grab second....and then let it go man.......at 140 these trucks are out of control PERIOD....doesn't matter how good you are or how good we think the trucks are....5000lbs at 140 becomes a numbers game....somone is going to get un-lucky and I hope it isn't one of us....

Yeah yeah...I know....shut up......but there are families out there and even if you are careful the dipstick you are racing gets all pumped up and kills people 20 minutes later...

Lastly Ferrari...I have seen you drive....no way you beat anybody.....:D

there is a wercked srt-10 in the annapolis dealership is it anyone on here?
its real banged u, hope they are ok

But I don't see the harm in two guys racing down a deserted industrial road at 2 a.m. with nobody around. The only people they can hurt is themselves, and I have yet to hear of a fatality under those circumstances.
Whoever wrote this is an idiot!! If he was a policeman he would know better. there has been many instances of people killing themselves in street races in areas as described. In the last 2 weeks there has been 2 occurances of innocent people killed in street races in the Toronto area. The biggest mistake people make is thinking they are in control of a racing vehicle in city streets, you are only along for the ride

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back