OK Southern Boys, What Color is A ButterBean??

Da1Chief said:
There are different beans that "Pass" as Butter Beans such as the White with Purple Speckles *Speckled Beans", Light Green (What Eddie is talking about).

However the "True" Butter Bean is Light Creamy in color (Real Butter Color) Not the Cheep Spread.... :) and darken slightly as they cook they also have a "Butter" taste. Best cooked with Fat Meat or Ham Hock

In difference to some they do not taste like Lima Beans.... :D

And Yes Eddie, I have been picking and shelling them all my life as well.. :)
so its safe to assume there's more than one type of butterbean:D see jack your weren't completely right or wrong:reddy: :aetsch: :thefinger:

eddie102870 said:
so its safe to assume there's more than one type of butterbean:D see jack your weren't completely right or wrong:reddy: :aetsch: :thefinger:
Never seen no damn GREEN butterbeans!!:aetsch: :aetsch:

FATJACK said:
Never seen no damn GREEN butterbeans!!:aetsch: :aetsch:
i told you im bringing you some to steele,al the end of february:D

eddie102870 said:
did nobody read this.......

viperhauler said:
but they are very similar in shape and taste.....and the butter bean is a type of lima...so you are both right....

this is true...and i knew it before i looked it up...

The term butter bean is widely used for a large, flat and white variety of lima bean (P. lunatus var. macrocarpus, or P. limensis[2]).
In the Southern United States the Sieva type are traditionally called butter beans, also otherwise known as the Dixie or Henderson type. In that area, lima beans and butter beans are seen as two distinct types of beans.

Phaseolus lunatus is a legume. It is grown for its seed, which is eaten as a vegetable. It is commonly known as the lima bean or butter bean; it is also known as Haba bean, Pallar bean, Burma bean, Guffin bean, Hibbert bean, Sieva bean, Rangoon bean, Madagascar bean, Paiga, Paigya, prolific bean, civet bean, sugar bean or đậu ngự (Vietnamese).

guess not....:aetsch:

or this...

butterbean.jpg

:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back