Old exhaust sound clip thread

That'll keep us busy for awhile! :cool:

I wonder how many of these trucks are around or alive today(?)
Would be cool to know ! But won’t happen . Most of the trucks in the clips have possibly had the exhaust already replaced of modified again .. at least that my guess

Mine still has the same exhaust since it the mufflers were replace after I bought it .. sounds great to me , no drone in the cab and full throttle sounds like the roar of the king of beasts … after hearing the viper I mention on another post I would consider the Borla’s as the next option . The only question would be if they have the cab drone .. I can’t stand that .

A well designed exhaust system that lasts and doesn't drone at highway speeds nor pop on decel, is pricey, but worth every dime.

Getting the sound just right without excessive restriction is no easy achievement.

Installing Headers is still an adventure. It was in the 70s, and still (can be) today!

Last edited:
A well designed exhaust system that lasts and doesn't drone at highway speeds nor pop on decel, is pricey, but worth every dime.

Getting the sound just right without excessive restriction is no easy achievement.

Installing Headers is still an adventure. It was in the 70s, and still (can be) today!
Beats the heck out of the ricer set ups for sure!

...should be a worldwide ban

I remember someone showing up with a 10 at a dyno session with straight pipes.
Even the Ricers were giving it a thumbs down! It was NOT a cool nor "powerful" sound, by any stretch of the imagination.

Not my thing...

Last edited:

Even the Ricers were giving it a thumbs down! It was NOT a cool nor "powerful" sound, by any stretch of the imagination.

Not my thing...
No - not "cool" at all!

Not my thing...
I’m going with Zoomies as my next mod ,, exit out the front fenders … hahaha

Always fun to instal back then ,,,, I had to do a set with almost now tools in the desert after I hit one of those concrete store parking lot curbs .. ripped the old header apart hahaha ! At least zi got the new ones I wanted ,, aluminum coat header ,, can’t remember but may have been Hooker headers . I got lucky on the set and got them in without having to raise the engine ..

Not my thing...
That why the trucks were called UPS trucks years ago hahaha

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back