One more, good bye Circuit City

Our local store is closing

maybe now I can get my Canon digital camera

supposed to be a 30% discount to start :rock:

Yep. Its true. I was recently let go at CC ( in NOV ). It is sad to see them go. We will all pay a price unfortunately for this demise. Look at it this way, no matter how bad their customer service was, Wal-Mart's is 10 times worse. I got a feeling this is gonna happen to Radio Shack and Best Buy sooner than later. Just think, now when you need something electronic and can't wait.....you WILL pay a much higher price at Best Buy. No competition.

Sad, Sad news.:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Guess I will be spending my tax return money at my local Circuit City. They are liquidating everything at every store. Check out their website for sales....it is already gone!!!!!

Any job lost in this country is terrible. I have a hard time looking at this optimistically, like a great way to find good bargains.. I don’t know whether running to my local CC to buy something will support them or hurt the employees’ chances of saving their jobs by my being on the receiving end of a liquidation sale....

5_0_BAIT said:
Check out their website for sales....it is already gone!!!!!
I can't get past their closed page. I think their website is shut down.

I agree Ant but they put me out of a job, so I figure I can reap some of the rewards of the liquidation. I have alot of friends that work their and I feel sorry for them. The company made hundreds of mistakes and had 2 bad ceo's in a row. Once they realized it last year, it was too late.

5_0_BAIT said:
Big Dave that is what I meant, it is already closed. Funny thing is though....they aren't closing any Canadian stores. Weird!
My bad. I thought you said "Check out there website for sales...it's already going!!"

Well Frank since you put it that way.. Time to get that flat screen for my daughter's room..

I don't look at the possible bargains as beneficial for any of us. First manufacturing, now sales related jobs. With unemployment surpassing 8% and climbing, the future cost of living for all of us is looking rather scary. If this trend continues, I'm not real sure what guidance I can give my daughters with respect to choosing a career.

outnumbered said:
I don't look at the possible bargains as beneficial for any of us. First manufacturing, now sales related jobs. With unemployment surpassing 8% and climbing, the future cost of living for all of us is looking rather scary. If this trend continues, I'm not real sure what guidance I can give my daughters with respect to choosing a career.

I think Circuit City's woes started long before the financial crisis hit hard. Going back 15 years, I felt their customer service, selection (except for some higher end gear) and higher prices played a significant role with driving them out of the market. Add internet commerce and competition from Best Buy and the fat lady began to sing faster. And yes, the cost of living, or existing, is growing more of a concern everyday. I hope our newly elected leaders can turn this mess around or at least lesson the pain.

Career paths? Hmm, how about a "needed" service, e.g. doctor, lawyer, mortician. Seriously though this is a tough one.

outnumbered said:

Hair grows in good times and bad.Maybe a barber or beautician ? :D

On a serious note,we have been a nation of "consumers" with far too much "disposable" income.We buy way too much of what we want,instead of just what we really need .

We have super-sized tv's,entertainment systems,all sorts of video and computer games,Blackberry's,PDAs,iPODs,cell phones,computers,faster cars,better trucks,ski-doos,boats and even yachts,way bigger homes,nicer clothes,more education,more government aid,more and better roads,a magazine on any topic under the sun,satelitte tv,cable tv,satellite radio and all sorts of other marvels of technology.

We have more style and less substance.
More charisma and less character.
More knowledge and less wisdom.

Consumerism has enjoyed a great run.
Now I think we are getting a dose of reality.
Other nations have envied our prosperity,and now we are paying the price.
It is past time to simplify our lives in order to survive.
Sadly,I do not think most will make the adjustment smoothly.:(

I have watched many of my old school mates buy HUGE houses and brand new trucks for him and new SUVs or mini vans for her and now,they are losing it all.They were living not only on borrowed money but borrowed time.
The last dance has been played and it's time to pay the fiddler.:(

Your really not going to see great deals on the liquidation. What they do is sell the entire inventory to third parties who actually control the sale. When they say 70% off, they don't tell you off what. Just got to BB or Amazon and you will get better deals.

The only things that you could see a deal on would be dvd/cd's.

I am going to look tomorrow.I heard 30% off everything.

I gotta go to the shopping center where CC is anyway to buy printer ink at staples.

Tried online printer ink and it was less than acceptable

outnumbered said:

Make em all study to be nurses. Always in demand and great pay.

seth said:
Your really not going to see great deals on the liquidation. What they do is sell the entire inventory to third parties who actually control the sale. When they say 70% off, they don't tell you off what. Just got to BB or Amazon and you will get better deals.

The only things that you could see a deal on would be dvd/cd's.

I just bought a LCD wide screen and before I did I checked Amazon. For the set I bought at CC vice what Amazon offered, prices were comparable for new equipment. Used, I could score better deals. Amazon prices for new plus shipping equaled what I paid. Some Amazon sellers beat CC's price (plus shipping) but the only savings I would have made was some $$$ on VA state sales tax. And I'm not a big fan of buying something like this sight unseen and if something is wrong, damaged, etc., shipping it back can be a hassle and besides I'd have to wait for the set to be shipped ;) But yes, I would check around before buying at CC, you may find a lower price -- all of CC's stuff is not marked down all that much.

Liquidation sales are a lot like the electronics stores up in NY, discount of what? If you notice they never say discount off of MSRP.

I went by CC today. Most things were only 10% off. The only things that were 30% were accessories (wiring, etc). 10% for a new TV just was not enough of a deal for me to buy one. However the store was packed.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back