Opertion MURDER - THE DARK SIDE -

Big Worm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have went ahead and started following the lead of Carlwalski and started on the INTERIOR. So here are a couple of pix. So if you want to come over to the dark side , enjoy.

MURDER014.jpg

MURDER015.jpg

MURDER016.jpg

MURDER018.jpg

Does anyone have a way to get this Bezel off? If so hit me up and tell me what is up
MURDER019-1.jpg

ViperPunk said:
looks good man:rock: did you buy new pillars
I actually used a primer spray and vinyl spray paint and painted. It came out pretty good. You take off that VIPER logo off the hood yet. Do it man, trust me you will not regret it.

LoveThisTruck said:
Looks good SSG:rock: I'd like to do that to my interior as well... I don't like the tan.
Well i hve started on my GTO and Cobra as well.

sounds good how do i pop off the pillars and how do you get the hood logo off:dontknow:

ViperPunk said:
sounds good how do i pop off the pillars and how do you get the hood logo off:dontknow:
There are 2 like oval shapes on the pillars. Take a pocket flat head screw driver. and pop them. There are 2 bolts holding the pillars in place.
However take your time when painting and installing them back.
1st get a degreaser and clean them off.
2nd after it has dried. spray the primer, and then the black you prefer. I went with a GLOSS at first and it was to shiney for my taste so I went with a SATIN as carl did.
3rd take your time when you install them back in. scratch's suck so do it when you got time.
The gauge side takes more time because of the gauge but still good.

I used an adhesive remover and fishing line or dental floss.If you want I can post pix so you can see what it looks like.

Big Worm said:
There are 2 like oval shapes on the pillars. Take a pocket flat head screw driver. and pop them. There are 2 bolts holding the pillars in place.
However take your time when painting and installing them back.
1st get a degreaser and clean them off.
2nd after it has dried. spray the primer, and then the black you prefer. I went with a GLOSS at first and it was to shiney for my taste so I went with a SATIN as carl did.
3rd take your time when you install them back in. scratch's suck so do it when you got time.
The gauge side takes more time because of the gauge but still good.

I used an adhesive remover and fishing line or dental floss.If you want I can post pix so you can see what it looks like.
sounds good post a pic and did you unplug the gauge

did you paint your tips gloss black?? mine are welded on so i would have to do alot of taping to prevent a disaster

ViperPunk said:
did you paint your tips gloss black?? mine are welded on so i would have to do alot of taping to prevent a disaster
Yes that is what I had to do tape off, but so worth it. yes Gloss black engine spray paint those tips get hot sometimes.

Big Worm said:
Yes that is what I had to do tape off, but so worth it. yes Gloss black engine spray paint those tips get hot sometimes.
take a pic plz. does dupont make a black chrome paint?

Blacking out is the way to go :rock: It is hard for me to admit, but... Nothing looks better then a blacked out truck.

looks great man. mine is blacked out. well the same color as the dash and then my headliner was re wrapped with the black suede and so are the visors. The only tan I have left is the plastic piece on each side behind the seats. It is in the works to get that done as well

Looks good Jesus! The pillars make a HUGE difference outside don't they, best interior mod out IMO.
From the outside, the Batram used to be; black, black, black, black, GREY, black, black..........not any more! Looks sharp brah. ;)

i was wondering about the hood emblem. is there an identation?

Also how hard is it to remove and install headliner?

71dusterjon said:
Also how hard is it to remove and install headliner?
Easy. Remove the front pillars, two sun visors by popping the clip and 2 screws on the outside edges, then the roof console which clips into place and has 2 screws located under the lights (from memory), then remove the rear pillars (belt first) the hooks at the back and the cabin interior light and it drops away. :)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back