Opinions / Suggestions

Vehicle Options

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tribal636

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Long story short, I need a truck with more seating and a better tow capability. I feel like I am disgracing my 04 RC by pulling a 20' trailer with it. I initially considered selling my RC and buying a Duramax. I just don't want to part with my 10 but can't afford both. Now I am thinking about selling my 04 and buying a 06 quad cab. I am pre-approved for $27.5k through my bank and would prefer something 06 and newer because I get a better interest rate. What are everyone's thoughts? Thanks in advance.

I vote other, keep your 10 & buy a used diesel.

I voted diesel, but thats just because it sounds like you need it. I dont want you to have to part with your 10 if you can help it and there is no reason you can't use it for some work, but if you are needing space and work, you may need to move on. Need more info. I'd think if you used a qc as a work truck youd be drinking lots of premium and getting 8mpg. Keep us posted and good luck.

The 05 QC can seat 1 more person than the 06 QC.

That isn't really a factor. I need room for 3-4 people max. When I race my supermoto, I have a couple of people that come out to help me pit and a fellow racer that I haul his bike for him since he doesn't have a truck. So its always a pain taking more than 1 car to the track.

I voted diesel, but thats just because it sounds like you need it. I dont want you to have to part with your 10 if you can help it and there is no reason you can't use it for some work, but if you are needing space and work, you may need to move on. Need more info. I'd think if you used a qc as a work truck youd be drinking lots of premium and getting 8mpg. Keep us posted and good luck.

I don't need it for work. Mainly just need to be able to tow a 20' enclosed trailer on race days a couple times a month. The trailer itself isn't that heavy even loaded, I want to say it was around 2500#s loaded with 2 bikes but that could be my old trailer.

That isn't really a factor. I need room for 3-4 people max. When I race my supermoto, I have a couple of people that come out to help me pit and a fellow racer that I haul his bike for him since he doesn't have a truck. So its always a pain taking more than 1 car to the track.
Racing? Supermoto? In that case, you need to keep a SRT10 in the fleet. I change my vote to QC. I was picturing construction work or something like that. That changes things for me. That or just get by for another year, pay the truck off and save some money for the next venture.

Racing? Supermoto? In that case, you need to keep a SRT10 in the fleet. I change my vote to QC. I was picturing construction work or something like that. That changes things for me. That or just get by for another year, pay the truck off and save some money for the next venture.

Its always fun pulling up to the track with the 10 pulling my race bikes too. Usually draws a few fellow racers over to look at the truck while I unload the bikes. :rock:

Its always fun pulling up to the track with the 10 pulling my race bikes too. Usually draws a few fellow racers over to look at the truck while I unload the bikes. :rock:
My thoughts exactly. Look at a QC. If that doesn't work out and you are only a year away from paying for the RC, keep it. Youve almost got it paid for. Sounds fun either way. Keep us posted.

:dito::dito:

Get a Night Runner 2006 QC. Best all round solution IMO. Get to have your Viper V10 fix, haul ass with a bunch of friends/family and tow shit. That is the ONLY thing that I find annoying a times with a RC. The lack of being able to take more than 1 passenger. But, the trade offs are well worth it and I have a daily driver for that stuff and don't tow much if at all. Good luck with your decision! :)

get a 2006 QC , carry people , and still a headturner if u arrive at the track with the motorcycle.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back