P0601 - PCM INTERNAL CONTROLLER FAILURE

BLWNSRT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been having issues with starting my truck the proper 710 cam supercharger tune. Long cranking... Sometime when it's warmed up it would stall on deceleration and ping around 2500rpm under 1/2 gas with 7#s boost.

So I would load the old supercharger tune that runs 6-7#s and 42#injectors to get the truck running (rich 12.2 at idle) for a few minutes then swap the tune. I did this for a weekend. Then last weekend I was insulating my garage so I pulled the truck out took me a couple minutes to get it running on the proper tune but it started pulled it out if the garage let it warm up befor shutting it off (-17C) then 8hrs later it wouldn't start so I tried to load the other tune that has worked and it failed to load, the tried to revert to stock and it fails at 1%. I tried to day since its warm out the sct says return to stock and fails at 1% and I have the P0601-PCM INTERNAL CONTROLLER FAILURE

I found a post on another srt forum of a guy with a 05qc with this problem. My tuner says to send the sct and PCM to sct to unlock it and see if the can reset the PCM I do have a new PCM on order.

Google says change out the computer then you will have to take it to a dealership for programing! Really sucks!! Keep up the fight ! It is just building character!!!

I was wondering what was happening. Glad to hear it is back together. :)

So by swapping the battery I could get back to stock with the sct but the truck wot accept any tunes now, so now it wants to restore stock and fails at 1% again. So I disconnect the old battery for 1-2min and it will restore stock so I left it there for now. I haven started the truck because it will run like crap on a stock tune but so far no P0601. Anyone else run into this problem with an sct?

Be sure you reattached all the ground straps!! and/or didn't get a wire pinched during the reassembling!!

Quick clip from 2 weeks ago

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c42xh_1ono]Supercharged Srt-10 - YouTube[/ame]

Shit Jeff! sorry to hear about this now,be sure to let us know what you find

p0601 is only one problem....PCM

That's what I thought too, but I put the old battery back in returned the tune back to stock truck runs with no check engine light I made sure my sct had the newest update installed new version of liveload reuploaded the tunes to it and tried loading them into the truck everything is working no check engine light idles good even started half decently. I Haven't driven it yet (snow :marchmellow:) I think the problem was caused by trying to load a tune with a cold sct on a cold day outside it just was running too slow trying to load the tune and failed

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back