Painted grill? Rehash of a post about 1 month ago

We can just continue learning new stuff!l I've never really paid much attention to the 06 since mines an 04 but it's never to late to add to the knowledge box. :cool:
Well we know those 06ers weren’t even a full years production so they don’t count :cool:

I finally remembered to take a picture of the chipped, painted grill. You can see why I want to do something about it, either painted it black, or, remove the black (making it back to chrome).

Attachments

• IMG_3066.jpeg
    IMG_3066.jpeg
    237 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0807.jpeg
    IMG_0807.jpeg
    292.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0805.jpeg
    IMG_0805.jpeg
    247.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
That's pretty chipped up. Maybe paint it until you can get a new replacement? It probably couldn't look any worse no matter how the paint turned out lol

These on eBay
Look pretty affordable

That is the answer, thanks wifey.

No matter how well the paint is removed, or, if I decided to paint it, it would never look as good as the eBay ones. The cost would be minimal compared to the work I would need to do to get it ready for painting or paint removing.

That is the answer, thanks wifey.

No matter how well the paint is removed, or, if I decided to paint it, it would never look as good as the eBay ones. The cost would be minimal compared to the work I would need to do to get it ready for painting or paint removing.
@2005ViperRam I'm not sure if that link goes to the upper grill sections or the two on the lower fascia - I don't use eBay lol

Good luck whatever you decide to do!

Is your plastic frame all nurfed up too or is that shadows I can't tell from the pics? A whole frame and inserts could do it all lol

I finally remembered to take a picture of the chipped, painted grill. You can see why I want to do something about it, either painted it black, or, remove the black (making it back to chrome).
Damn that grill turned out to be a mess hahaha .. a full replacement would be the better choice IMO !

I would replace if it were mine. Repainting will probably get ou right back to this point eventually.

I would replace if it were mine. Repainting will probably get ou right back to this point eventually.
I would replace without a doubt .. then probably try to paint or restore for the heck of it .. something to play with

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back